SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2018

cberkas

3 hours ago, AJS said:

First, that's absolutely not true. My frustration is lately (see past 3 years), is the wide discrepancy between players leaving early between UND and its peers. Frustration is probably the wrong word, it's more jealousy, other teams for whatever reason haven't had to experience it to even close to the same level as UND on as consistent of a basis. I'm not saying UND should change their recruiting at all, it'd just be nice to have one year (see Duluth 2 years ago, SCSU, Denver, Minnesota last year), where everything breaks your way in the early departure front.

If Denver loses no one early this off-season, it will make me wonder why. #thingsthatmakeyougohmmm

I was so looking forward to this year for Shane but he was never able to have the same success as last year. Could he have used another year at UND, absolutely! If he does sign I wish him the best. Surely he will be more of a AHL fixture for a while but I suppose they want to get him in their system. 

43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Sounds like Gersich is reporting directly to the Caps rather than the Bears.  Nice negotiating by him and his team.

Nice when new signees can join other alums with the big club, like Schmaltz with Toews, Boesser with Stecher, and Gersich with Oshie.  I'm sure there are a lot of similar examples.