Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Wait, wasn’t UND in the same bracket??? I am not sure SDSU was the best team at the end of the season. They had Daum and Jenkins and not much after that. They had NO bench. It will eventually catch up to you. Especially when the whistles get put away in the tournament. 

Wrong.  UND was on the Omaha side,

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I was In charge of the Slummit: 1)  Change name of conference 2)  Double header games - women/men games travel together. 3)  Talk to NMSU versus Augie 4)  Start football .

NCAA MBB Tournament is why basketball must be a focus for UND athletics. More people will watch the game no matter the seed than any FCS Championship game or Frozen Four Faceoff. There is no better or

What is astonishing to me is the roller coaster ride that this forum can be. If the Bison lose last night, probably wouldn't see a "complete loser" post from you. The outcome of single games dictate t

Posted Images

Congrats to NDSU, for me, it's gone from pure frustration / anger during the beginning of this miraculous run they've been on, to more just shrug of the shoulders. Definitely jealous of the success that institution has had. How truly embarrassing for UND, these schools have never been farther apart, one is a winner and one is a complete loser.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The Bison are 18-15.  They are pretty much a guaranteed 16 seed in the tournament.  Would not be surprised to see them play in the First Four games in Dayton.  

I dont like the idea of making conference champs play in the first 4 games. Hope the boys dodge that bullet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AJS said:

Congrats to NDSU, for me, it's gone from pure frustration / anger during the beginning of this miraculous run they've been on, to more just shrug of the shoulders. Definitely jealous of the success that institution has had. How truly embarrassing for UND, these schools have never been farther apart, one is a winner and one is a complete loser.

But some people on this forum and elsewhere act like everything is just fine as is. Well, it isn't "just fine as is". Bill Chaves, you have your work cut out for you. I hope you are up to the challenge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, AJS said:

Congrats to NDSU, for me, it's gone from pure frustration / anger during the beginning of this miraculous run they've been on, to more just shrug of the shoulders. Definitely jealous of the success that institution has had. How truly embarrassing for UND, these schools have never been farther apart, one is a winner and one is a complete loser.

Then put on your green and gold, head on over to Bisonville, and leave the UND fandom to those of us who aren't quitting.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

BSC tourney in RENO, NV=disaster

What works for some conferences doesn't for others.  I have never said the BSC tourney was anything but, and I was an advocate for on campus playoffs when we were in that league.  The point of my post was to highlight the difference in cost and travel logistics issues with on campus tournaments vs neutral sight tournaments.  The fact that the Big Sky Tournament has been such an attendance embarrassment, yet the league has chosen to maintain the neutral site format says a lot.   The point is that it would be stupid for the Summit to move away from Sioux Falls because they would have less revenue and higher costs and other complications.  Besides that fact, Sioux Falls pretty much already has the vibe of the WCHA Final Five, but for basketball, and it shows great on ESPN. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Then put on your green and gold, head on over to Bisonville, and leave the UND fandom to those of us who aren't quitting.

I knew my post would probably hit a nerve with some people, but I'll never understand responses like this. Like not at all.

I guess you're taking offense to the term "complete loser", probably harsh, but again,  have no idea how anyone could correlate that to quitting, but I guess there's at least one.

My overall sentiment stands, UND athletics is in as bad of a spot as I've ever seen it, it's genuinely concerning. Could anyone even picture what happened to the NDSU basketball team this year  happen at UND? Never. It's an overall culture thing.

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I dont like the idea of making conference champs play in the first 4 games. Hope the boys dodge that bullet.

Every 16 team that has played in the play in game or plays in the First Four won their conference championship. Just the way it works.  Most of the time the teams in the First Four are teams that were lower seeds in their conference tournament that ended up winning it.  Last year the 16 seeds in the First Four were LIU Brroklyn, Radford, Texas Sourthern, and North Carolina Central.  Those teams were 4th, 2nd, 2nd, and 6th respectively in their conference tournament.

Winning your conference tournament guarantees you a game in the NCAA tournament, but doesn't guarantee you won't play in the play in games.  4 of the 6 teams that are 16 seeds have to play in the First Four.  All are conference champions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AJS said:

I knew my post would probably hit a nerve with some people, but I'll never understand responses like this. Like not at all.

I guess you're taking offense to the term "complete loser", probably harsh, but again,  have no idea how anyone could correlate that to quitting, but I guess there's at least one.

My overall sentiment stands, UND athletics is in as bad of a spot as I've ever seen it, it's genuinely concerning. Could anyone even picture what happened to the NDSU basketball team this year  happen at UND? Never. It's an overall culture thing.

 

I sensed the lack of U's interest to build a top conference WBB & MBB program in Basketball when they built The Betty. Way too small for a year in year out top local conference level BB program. Oh they can play on the ice in the Ralph is not the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I sensed the lack of U's interest to build a top conference WBB & MBB program in Basketball when they built The Betty. Way too small for a year in year out top local conference level BB program. Oh they can play on the ice in the Ralph is not the same.

Wasn't the BESC built when we were still D-2? And wasn't that before serious discussions about moving up to D-I had started?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Wasn't the BESC built when we were still D-2? And wasn't that before serious discussions about moving up to D-I had started?

Correct, the group of fans I hang around with went to UND in the 70's where BB had good crowds. In our eyes, this new seating capacity made a statement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Then put on your green and gold, head on over to Bisonville, and leave the UND fandom to those of us who aren't quitting.

Sheesh.  Heaven forbid someone give a rival team some credit.  Where would you rather be when this tournament starts?  UND watching it or NDSU playing in it?  Say what you want, a pretty impressive run thru the conference tournament -- which is what makes March Madness so great.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Sheesh.  Heaven forbid someone give a rival team some credit.  Where would you rather be when this tournament starts?  UND watching it or NDSU playing in it?  Say what you want, a pretty impressive run thru the conference tournament -- which is what makes March Madness so great.  

I know your days are so incredibly busy with the observations that you share with us, but if you read down a little further I think you'll see that credit was given. Comprehension is optional on this forum, but at least read all my posts before accusing. Thanks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

What is astonishing to me is the roller coaster ride that this forum can be. If the Bison lose last night, probably wouldn't see a "complete loser" post from you. The outcome of single games dictate the hyperbole that we see from posters. Overreactions are common. THE BISON ARE A .500 BB TEAM. They got hot, the Rabbits lost, they're in the Dance. Congratulations. Welcome to March BB. Your post is complete emotion, no rational thought. In year 2016, UND won a National Hockey Title, AND Big Sky Conference Titles in FB, VB, MBB, WBB (had never been done before in the Big Sky. It is 2019 --- and you now choose to call our Athletic Dept. "complete losers." Really? Is this rational? No argument that its been a tough year, but "complete loser?" Hard to take you seriously.

Made it easier for you MafiMan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Boy, someone's a little salty today...

Your "congratulations" was pretty thick with sarcasm.  Hopefully for your sake, NDSU declines the automatic bid that comes with winning the tournament.  

Typical MafiaMan response. Point out his inaccuracy and right away its "salty." Wow. I suppose I should just let you talk sh*% and walk away.

 

"Mom, we're outta chips...."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...