SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 NCHC Frozen Faceoff

Cratter

14 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Agreed, We really need to stay out of the box yet play with an edge. Fine line.

Especially fine line with refs who have been turning the western game into a figure skating contest.  The games back east are getting more physical than the NCHC. 

• Upvote 1

With UND's hundreds (if not thousands) of unique was to get into or out of the tournament, I think Jim Dahl's next project should be a "real time" analysis of who UND fans need to cheer for for them to have the most likely scenarios of making the tournament. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I though you had food poisoning that is scheduled to kick in at around 3 PM?

I had to pick up my kids and wife...apparently all not feeling well.  I think we will be going to the hospital right down by the X.  :)

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, dden3 said:

Especially fine line with refs who have been turning the western game into a figure skating contest.  The games back east are getting more physical than the NCHC. 

Well that looked more like the hockey we are used to.  I thought the refs allowed a fair amount of physicality and didn’t seem to be making up the rules as they went along. 

Result was was consistent with our problems throughout the season. Rather than taking a step forward from the good play the past few weeks we played at about the same level.  Not horrible but not enough finishers to get the job done.  SCSU tic tac toe goal was remindful of our top line in 2016.  Nice play nice goal.  Not Cams fault I didn’t think.   Was screened pretty good. Cam played great.  Will he get the start today?  I assume so.  

As the game went on I thought our passing and trust in each other went south. SCSU speed had something to do with it I suppose. Hak used to preach shorten up the passes and tighten up on pick support in these situations. Who was supporting Rieger on the game ending turnover?  Last guy up the ice should not be the guy with the puck and our backward passing entry plays put us in that situation far too often. But I don’t blame the coaches for turning the D loose either. Seemed like our only chance to score at the time and get back into the game.  It did result in some odd man rushes with Cam having to save the day. 

Ok ok I’ll shut up and go do my taxes.

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

Friday attendance at conference tournaments:

4. Atlantic Hockey (Rochester, NY):  587.

3. ECAC (Lake Placid): 5,390.

2. Hockey East (Boston): 10,871.

1. NCHC (St Paul): 11,983.

But moving it back to the X won't improve attendance over Target Center...

• Like 3

Very disappointing day in hockey for UND fans yesterday. An unusual set of circumstances arose on the last day(Princeton/BU+more) and UND and MN were eliminated late in the day. MN and Duluth weren't decided till Notre Dame won in OT. Four of the conferences had underdog winners. Duluth wins by 0.0001 QWB Adj by RPI 

Tank             Team                       RPI        Adj RPI     QWB    QWB Adj by RPI

12 Duluth                        0.5373         0.5373      0.0031          0.5404

Minnesota               0.5338         0.5338       0.0065           0.5403

Message boards at UND, MN, Boston C had high activity yesterday. Three teams (and in top 16 PWR) that normally would be in the NCAA's that didn't make it this year, reason being we had 4 upsets in conference championships as I mentioned in prior post. Here's the last 4 spots of top 16 of PWR as the season ended.

13 Minnesota
14 North Dakota
15 Boston University
16 Boston College

which will be replaced by following conference tourney winners.

15 Boston University
17 Princeton
21 Michigan Tech
27 Air Force

16 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I gathered you went down yesterday for the game, how was the UND crowd for their game?

We did. Figured if it was last game of season we wanted to see it. Lots and lots of green. My guess is 70% of fans for the 338 game were UND fans. Having this tournament at the X is a complete 180 vs that dump in Minneapolis. 

• Upvote 3