SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 NCHC Frozen Faceoff

Cratter

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

I understand the NCHC trying to make money with their tiered lower bowl pricing structure, but five different tiers is a little ridiculous.

Pretty much all the cheap seats on the ends are sold out (no two seats together remain)...lots of $72 plus fees seats in the middle left for Friday.

Only a few left in the $47 plus fees seats remain for Friday either.

and everything is lining up perfectly: St.Patty on Saturday and three out of the four teams are within relatively easy driving to St. Paul.

If there was more $30 plus fees seats available would more people go?

It's completely ridiculous.  Especially since there's $18 in fees on top the $27 ticket.  I always prefer sitting upper deck at the X, and I don't like sitting on the ends, so I was really bummed out by the seating/pricing for these games.  I found one in the corner, as high up as possible.  At least I'm at the end the Sioux shoot twice (they should be the "visitor" team), but I'll probably end up wandering back to the SRO areas once I get there so I can get a decent view.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

It's completely ridiculous.  Especially since there's $18 in fees on top the $27 ticket.  I always prefer sitting upper deck at the X, and I don't like sitting on the ends, so I was really bummed out by the seating/pricing for these games.  I found one in the corner, as high up as possible.  At least I'm at the end the Sioux shoot twice (they should be the "visitor" team), but I'll probably end up wandering back to the SRO areas once I get there so I can get a decent view.

I was hoping they would only sell lower bowl (and later club seats if needed) tickets at one "medium" price (between $40-$50 after fees).

People would then have a little more incentive to buy tickets early.

This is there "Make one heck of a first impression atmosphere at the X" chance. (which helps drive future tickets sales).

One idea could have been to offer "cheaper than normal" tickets this year (and next?) in hopes of building up that fan base and adjusting the prices in later years once they had a better idea of the market.

I'll be on the road for the game.  Will Hennesy be broadcasting the game so I can stream on iheart radio?   (Assuming iheart is still in business)   Or is there another designated broadcaster for the tourney?

33 minutes ago, Sundog said:

I'll be on the road for the game.  Will Hennesy be broadcasting the game so I can stream on iheart radio?   (Assuming iheart is still in business)   Or is there another designated broadcaster for the tourney?

Yes, he will. 

Good Morning Hawkey fans. Today is huge and so may be tomorrow? Our NCAA streak is on the line, getting to Sioux Falls would keep that alive. 

The Clowns are #1 in the nation, but are they going to play that way today? We need this game much more than they do, coach Berry will have the players ready!

Hoping for an on site Hawks fan advantage, can't wait for the puck to drop.

2 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

So does the NCHC set a new Frozen Faceoff attendance record this year now that we are back at the X?  Or were all the people that used the Target Center as an excuse for not going to games full of poop?   

Couple things will be working against it, the biggest factor being UND fans don't seem as interested/confident in this year's team.

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Couple things will be working against it, the biggest factor being UND fans don't seem as interested/confident in this year's team.

This year's team doesn't do it for me. I haven't been excited about a game all year other than the Gopher ones for whatever reason. However, I am excited about the game today.

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

This year's team doesn't do it for me. I haven't been excited about a game all year other than the Gopher ones for whatever reason. However, I am excited about the game today.

I agree with you guys about this years team.  More than anything, college hockey officiating has kind of ruined the game for me.  The guys can't make open ice hits anymore.  Even if the hits are legal, they get penalties just for having big hits, basically.  I'll be at the game though... just love the St. Patrick's day and hockey combo down in St. Paul.

8 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I agree with you guys about this years team.  More than anything, college hockey officiating has kind of ruined the game for me.  The guys can't make open ice hits anymore.  Even if the hits are legal, they get penalties just for having big hits, basically.  I'll be at the game though... just love the St. Patrick's day and hockey combo down in St. Paul.

Watched our games against UNO as well as Miami v St. Cloud.  The refs seem to have allowed a little more hitting in the Miami game than I have seen this year.  Maybe they will put the whistles away a little, but probably not for us I suppose.  I'm really pulling for the boys this weekend to put it together.  They are really close if they can stay disciplined while still aggressive.

4 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Watched our games against UNO as well as Miami v St. Cloud.  The refs seem to have allowed a little more hitting in the Miami game than I have seen this year.  Maybe they will put the whistles away a little, but probably not for us I suppose.  I'm really pulling for the boys this weekend to put it together.  They are really close if they can stay disciplined while still aggressive.

Agreed, We really need to stay out of the box yet play with an edge. Fine line.