SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. uno mavs - GAME 1 GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

But we’re you concerned at all during that period? I know I wasn’t. 

I wasn't either...  the Mavs certainly controlled play for the first half of the third but that wasn't due to UND's lack of effort in my opinion.  The Mavs have a skilled team and there is no way UND is going to control 60 minutes of any hockey game, let alone a NCHC playoff game.  If UND plays how they have the last couple of games I feel good about their chances of making the NCAAs.

Just got home from the game, crowd walking out of arena was pretty excited, wow what a game, that 2nd period was one of their best periods this season. Played good in the 1st.  Didn't dominate in the 3rd but played pretty cautious - played with the 4 goal lead. Really a continuation of their good play from last weekend (even though they went 0-1-1), might be peaking at the right time.  Need the game tomorrow and then get ready for the X. Sioux Falls is in the window.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Good things happen when your top end players play well. Cam and Wolanin were very good. Gersich was outstanding.

Cam texted me in the middle of the 3rd period and asked me if everything he has heard about how good the Cheese Hogg is is true...I told him if at all possible, Berry should QB the team bus a few miles up the road out of St Paul and join us!

13 hours ago, brianvf said:

CJ is a good player, but has one goal in two seasons.  Hoff/Adams/Yon would bring more offense, which is what this team needs.

Hoping for a big series from Mismash/Jones/Gooch

I think what berry is thinking is that CJ is a big strong dman that can skate....having three dmen out there limits the other teams scoring chances.  My take is that hoff adams and yon need to play to develop that dside of things.  Especially hoff and Adams.

21 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Wolanin should consider staying another year if only to avoid the Senators and play where he wants to. Considering their treatment of one of game's best players in Karlsson and their obvious tanking he may not want to be a part of that.

Someone Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, or whatever else the youngins use and get him this information. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Wolanin should consider staying another year if only to avoid the Senators and play where he wants to. Considering their treatment of one of game's best players in Karlsson and their obvious tanking he may not want to be a part of that.

Hopefully he doesn’t, it’s this reason NHL teams pluck players early.

14 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Why aren’t we playing Adams or hoff?? We need to get these boys going.

Been saying this for awhile, the canned response is defensive responsibility. I always thought a team would have two scoring lines, one checking line and one energy line. I say put Simo, Olson and Smith as  your checking line and use Bowen,Adams,Hoff, #25 and Yon to make up your energy line.

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Been saying this for awhile, the canned response is defensive responsibility. I always thought a team would have two scoring lines, one checking line and one energy line. I say put Simo, Olson and Smith as  your checking line and use Bowen,Adams,Hoff, #25 and Yon to make up your energy line.

Pure speculation here, but maybe Adams thinks he is a top six and does readily accept a different role?

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I think what berry is thinking is that CJ is a big strong dman that can skate....having three dmen out there limits the other teams scoring chances.  My take is that hoff adams and yon need to play to develop that dside of things.  Especially hoff and Adams.

Adams is a player that could really work hard on his game during this offseason and surprise us next year.
He showed some great offensive flashes early in the season...would love to see more of that next season with an increased role.

22 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Any reason why we have a “defenseman” playing forward and sitting an Olympian forward?

No offense (no pun intended) but he's only an Olympian forward cus he plays for Norway (think Jamaican bobsled team and Eddie the Eagle for England).