SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. uno mavs - GAME 1 GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, willythekid said:

I have certainly been critical of this team but nothing to crab about tonight...  crazy what happens when you play hard for 60 minutes.

Best kind of game. Great to see since there’s only been a few of them this season. 

Hopefully UND can do it again tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Best kind of game. Great to see since there’s only been a few of them this season. 

Hopefully UND can do it again tomorrow.

Typically we've played better hockey on Saturday nights vs. Fridays but who knows.  A sweep would be extremely helpful in punching a ticket to the NCAAs.  I'm very happy with how they played tonight...  good puck control, crisp passing and (shocking) a bit of scoring.

2 minutes ago, burd said:

they played just as hard last week.  

They played well against St. Cloud but they didn't play a full 60 minutes in either game.  And if you take out the Cloud series there are plenty of examples of this team coasting for large stretches of games.   

3 minutes ago, willythekid said:

They played well against St. Cloud but they didn't play a full 60 minutes in either game.  And if you take out the Cloud series there are plenty of examples of this team coasting for large stretches of games.   

They were outplayed for much of the third period tonight.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, burd said:

They were outplayed for much of the third period tonight.

You are correct.  I'm not sure of your point.  When I talk about playing a full 60 it is when they aren't coasting and getting beat to pucks they shouldn't and lazy dump-ins when they could carry the puck in.  I forget what game it was last weekend but a UND player dumped it in on a 3 on 2 rush for no other reason than he was playing lazy-ass hockey.