SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. uno mavs - GAME 1 GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

15 minutes ago, burd said:

Friday:  7-1 UNO.   This team is a bunch of lazy dickbirds, and Berry is too soft to succeed with anything but an nhl-ready squad.

Saturday:  7-1 UND This team may not have stars, but it can play with anybody.  No team wants to face them in the tourney.  Berry is a better game coach than Hak.

Sunday:  10-0 UND.  About time the refs called a game the way it is supposed to be called. 

Mods, close the 'Men's Hockey' message boards. We're done here.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SiouxFan25 said:

What are the odds Rieger gets the start tonight? Got the nod over Peski last saturday and looked pretty good. Overall he's been a pleasant surprise this year considering he had fairly low expectations   

I’m slightly uncomfortable playing three freshmen on D at this point. 

1 hour ago, SiouxFan25 said:

What are the odds Rieger gets the start tonight? Got the nod over Peski last saturday and looked pretty good. Overall he's been a pleasant surprise this year considering he had fairly low expectations   

Peski was bad last Friday but I'm much more comfortable with him in than I am with Rieger. I don't like Rieger's game near as much as some others here and it seems to be whatever pair he is on when he gets in the lineup always gives up at least one odd man rush. I actually thought he was much more effective when they used him at forward a few times earlier this year. My depth chart for the 6th defenseman tonight would be Peski, Johnson, and then Rieger.

4 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

My depth chart for the 6th defenseman tonight would be Peski, Johnson, and then Rieger.

I hear a lot of what your saying and while I would put Peski ahead of Rieger too, I wouldn't do the same with Johnson. I actually think Casey's future with this team is at forward 

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

UND sweeps easy.  This is crunch time for UND hockey, and they will come through with some big wins.  This team is going to regionals.

UND has 2 total wins in the last 2 months of games.
Expecting 2 easy wins in the next 2 games seems a bit optimistic. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Why aren’t we playing Adams or hoff?? We need to get these boys going.

It's absolutely insane for a team as offensively challenged as this one to suit up a slow footed d-man at forward over three healthy forwards. We don't need two grinder lines. One is plenty!