SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

bounce

5 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Another question, who’s in line to replace Davidson and Horner? Could Aaron Anderson take on a full time role? May be nice to have him if he can get the MSP area a priority again but who knows if he wants to give up his international career. 

they picked up 3 recruits since horner left so kudos to staff on that....AA would be solid....only pay enough to bring in green horn  /first D1 gig coaches  Horner took a pay cut to get his foot in the D1 coaching door....If AA wants to get into coaching starting out at d1 level is not bad....2 of last 3 recruits were front court players so lean in is on jaquan leaving vs moody

12 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Another question, who’s in line to replace Davidson and Horner? Could Aaron Anderson take on a full time role? May be nice to have him if he can get the MSP area a priority again but who knows if he wants to give up his international career. 

where's boushee?

WATSONVILLE — Lucas Schmidt, Monte Vista Christian’s standout center, signed his letter of intent to play basketball for NCAA Division I North Dakota on Wednesday afternoon in front of dozens of friends, family and teammates...Walk- ons have nothing they need to sign....

That doesn't sound official to me.  Yes, I would agree it sounds like UND will be involved in the challenge...but it sounds as if the writer is just spit balling potential match ups.  At least there is potential for more D1 non conference home games, which if recent history has shown, are almost impossible to schedule here in Grand Forks.

5 minutes ago, the green team said:

That doesn't sound official to me.  Yes, I would agree it sounds like UND will be involved in the challenge...but it sounds as if the writer is just spit balling potential match ups.  At least there is potential for more D1 non conference home games, which if recent history has shown, are almost impossible to schedule here in Grand Forks.

Precisely:

"I have predicted which matchups would make the most sense based on last year’s records, and which matchups would make the most sense based off of geography. (Already determined matchups are underlined)"

• 2 weeks later...

what's interesting is the same guy i talked he brought up the fact that the bball team is losing ass coaches to usd and they paying them quite a bit more...i asked why is that and he said he has no idea how we are so far behind the "dak 3"...he said that chaves first job is to get all coaches "in line" with the other 3 schools.

44 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's interesting is the same guy i talked he brought up the fact that the bball team is losing ass coaches to usd and they paying them quite a bit more...i asked why is that and he said he has no idea how we are so far behind the "dak 3"...he said that chaves first job is to get all coaches "in line" with the other 3 schools.

Which will never happen.  Look at their attendance and budgets.  None of them have hockey as #1.

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I misunderstood - I thought you were talking about a rumored new assistant by that name. 

I think Siouxfan97 is saying the guy who got Marko to go to UND will be a new assistant coach.  No idea if it’s true or just speculation on Siouxfan 97’s part.

26 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Need to get a brother on the coaching staff...how many d1 staffs have no bro’s on coaching staff

SDSU Jacks for one. But, yeah, maybe we can get the Herald boys on it. Is Aaron Anderson looking at coaching?

Now with Tray Buchanan transferring, could someone who follows the team closely give a quick summary of all the off season moves. Not so much the moves themselves, but is there more talent coming in than is leaving?

22 minutes ago, AJS said:

Now with Tray Buchanan transferring, could someone who follows the team closely give a quick summary of all the off season moves. Not so much the moves themselves, but is there more talent coming in than is leaving?

I'm ok with TB leaving if his heart's somewhere else. He was talented in spurts but was sometimes erratic with the ball and mistake prone. He came off the bench to spell Geno for a few minutes each game. He may have developed into a more reliable talent for UND had he stuck it out but we'll never know.  Best of luck to him and his future!