SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

bounce

15 minutes ago, hawkgirl said:

Ha y'all blaming adidas when it was one of the new coaches that ordered the wrong green - like Bison green and not Kelly green!

don't think that happened.

I am sure Adidas was given all of our pantones, word scripts, and logo standards from UND and our licensing group. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, petey23 said:

don't think that happened.

I am sure Adidas was given all of our pantones, word scripts, and logo standards from UND and our licensing group. 

Key word in my post “new” coach. Didn’t check and sent off wrong order. Heard it from the coaches themselves. 

6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

jal should redshirt..i know it's only two games but i can't put a finger on what he is...a small forward...a "power" forward ...a point forward? 

He will be fine, once he gets a little more experience on the court.  I expect to see his impact more towards conference season. 

Should play at the 3 spot, but does have that flexibility to play multiple positions.

Hope he and Marko can put some decent games together sooner though. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

So two questions

Walter's injury serious or just a precaution?

Is UND done recruiting for the 19-20 season?

We have one scholarship available.  I know we were hoping to hear positive news from another big that we were very high on (not sure who).  I got the impression he was another international player but I am not sure.  

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, Dagger said:

If you ever wondered if athletes read the chat lines. Geno apparently spent a lot time reading them. Maybe he should of spent more time studying or trying to be a better team player. He apparently didn’t think he had enough talent on the team around for  him to be successful. He was all about himself. See you later. 

Geno fractured his right hand in practice yesterday and will be out 4-6 weeks.  

After leading Gonzaga 19-18, NDSU was outscored 35-6 and is behind 53-25 at halftime.

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

After leading Gonzaga 19-18, NDSU was outscored 35-6 and is behind 53-25 at halftime.

Gonzaga won 102-60.  SU had only 2 assists for the game.  That must be some sort of record!

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

Geno will now be playing for the team after the holidays, like was originally planned with his grad transfer.  Summer school and early fall semester classes moved that time table ahead a little.

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Geno will now be playing for the team after the holidays, like was originally planned with his grad transfer.  Summer school and early fall semester classes moved that time table ahead a little.

The original “plan” was for Geno to graduate last summer (he told Gonzaga that he would do so) so he would enroll in the fall and be eligible all year!  What you mentioned was the first fallback plan after Geno failed to graduate in the summer!!

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, UND Fan said:

watched the "highlights" on kvly...first 30 seconds show ndsu just nailing jumpers and layups and the voice over talks about "taking the lead against the #1 team in the nation" followed up by the final score of 102-58 Zags victory...good stuff by kvly

Right now it almost feels like we are using too many guys in the regular rotation.  You can see that there might be some potential with each of the new guys, so I get that it's tough because how do you allocate minutes for each to thrive.  It's too bad a we didn't redshirt a couple of them like we did with Moody last year.  The rotation could get even murkier when Stewart returns.  I'd like to see a core group of players emerge (preferably Stewart, Panoam, Billy, Moody, Seales, Rebraca, Conner) and then mix in Atelbauers and Walter as needed.  That's already 9-deep and it doesnt even include Jal or Hazekamp or Marko.  I'm hoping the bench shortens up as the season progresses and that Jones leans towards the meaningful minutes going to guys like Rebraca, Panoam, and Moody.

What are the thoughts of how the year has gone so far?

I initially thought the year wouldn’t be pretty. After seeing the players play  I thought we might be better. Now I am back to thinking we will win about 40% of our games- finish about 6th or 7th in the conference.

going to have to try to enjoy the games without expecting to win most of them  - at least this year.

• 4 weeks later...