SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

bounce

Going to be a good boy and avoid talking about Augie in this thread...

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4479721-new-push-european-basketball-prospects-und-thinks-its-finding-right-matches#.W2DhLztxBzk.twitter

I do hope that this is the case and these kids can make a major impact right out the chute.  I hope it just doesn't go overboard. 

35 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Going to be a good boy and avoid talking about Augie in this thread...

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4479721-new-push-european-basketball-prospects-und-thinks-its-finding-right-matches#.W2DhLztxBzk.twitter

I do hope that this is the case and these kids can make a major impact right out the chute.  I hope it just doesn't go overboard. 

I just wonder how this will impact our recruiting budget. Can’t be cheap taking trips to Latvia. 

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

I just wonder how this will impact our recruiting budget. Can’t be cheap taking trips to Latvia. 

Chaves had to authorize that trip.

Another recruit in Latvia.  Lithuania is just a short drive, and it has had tons of US college and NBA players.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 10:52 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

I hope these home and homes with nearby teams can become a staple and not just a one-off.  Wonder if they are going to go to a tournament this year

Not only in the nearby horizon teams but maybe MAC teams. Eastern Michigan was UND’s first DI win back in 08, it would be nice to play them again or Saul Phillips’ Ohio team, and don’t forget Miami (OH).

Here's what has been pieced together to date (that's an awesome link you had). Toss in a few non-counter games and maybe a tournament and it has be be getting close to done.

11/10 - @Milwaukee
11/27 - @Montana State
12/1 - Idaho
12/5 - @UT-RG
12/9 - Milwaukee
12/8 - @Marquette
12/28 - IPFW
1/3 - @ORU
1/5 - @Denver
1/10 - Omaha
1/12 - WIU
1/16 - SDSU