SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

bounce

On 6/27/2018 at 2:33 PM, nodak651 said:

The dream - something like Penn State's Roar Zone.  Add permanent seating to the ceiling and add on to the North end of the Betty for more concourse space and locker room/office space or amenities - like hockey's hang out and kitchen area.. the teams that play in the Betty could share it.Image result for penn state hockey student section

I like it but nothing can be permanent.  The Betty is designed for four courts east to west.  Higher bleachers would have to be unless the entire thing was retractable.

Could knock out the north wall and expand somehow.  Have more suites or bars. The 

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

I like it but nothing can be permanent.  The Betty is designed for four courts east to west.  Higher bleachers would have to be unless the entire thing was retractable.

Could knock out the north wall and expand somehow.  Have more suites or bars. The 

Add a court to the North.  Plenty of room.

On 7/9/2018 at 10:20 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Penn St, Montana, Mt St, E Wash and Idaho are known to be on the schedule.

Really? I'm surprised that there would be that many Big Sky teams on the schedule.  I realize there is the scheduling agreement with the Big Sky, but I figured that it would be 1 home game and 1 road game with a Big Sky program(s) and that would be about it.  That would be great if there is more than just the 2 though.

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/7/12/mens-basketball-fighting-hawks-add-mihailovic-to-coaching-staff.aspx

University of North Dakota head men's basketball coach Brian Jones announced the addition Dani Mihailovic to his coaching staff.

Originally from Belgrade, Serbia, Mihailovic has spent a majority of his professional career working on player development with athletes from the National Basketball Association and from the Serbian, Croatian and German National Teams.

http://euroelite.org/about-euro-elite-basketball-academy/

About coach Dani  Mihailovic:

As a member of the Beobasket Sport Management Agency that represents high level NBA and Euroelague players and coaches, coach Mihailovic coached some of the greatest European talents, the spring of 2015. He worked on skill development with the best Polish pro team named Turow, competing at the highest European level, Euroleague. Turow had four former NBA players on their roster.

Coach Dani Mihailovic worked with one of the best Serbian teams called Mega Leks that had three players drafted in the first round of the 2014 NBA draft. One of them signed a multi year contract with Denver Nuggets in 2015.

Coach Mihailovic specializes in individual skill development. He is currently obtaining masters degree in Educational Leadership at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and FIBA basketball license.

As college coach: 2014/2015 at Allan Hancock College helped the Bulldogs win their 17th league title, first since 2001 in the Western State conference.

As player: Pro, NCAA

Considering how many recruits that assistant from Australia brought in... zero.  If this guy as able to bring anyone over from Europe, that will be a step forward in regards to the recruiting efforts between the 2 international coaches we've had over the last few years.  Whether any of the player(s) he brings across the pond will be any good is another question entirely.   I'm hopeful, yet skeptical.

Welcome to North Dakota, Dani!

20 minutes ago, the green team said:

Considering how many recruits that assistant from Australia brought in... zero.  If this guy as able to bring anyone over from Europe, that will be a step forward in regards to the recruiting efforts between the 2 international coaches we've had over the last few years.  Whether any of the player(s) he brings across the pond will be any good is another question entirely.   I'm hopeful, yet skeptical.

Welcome to North Dakota, Dani!

At least according to @SIOUXFAN97, he already did!  On his linkedin page, it says he worked on NCAA recruiting for Euro Elite Basketball.  Guessing he has quite a few connections over there.  Best chance we will have at finding under the radar big-guy talent, imo.

I know it doesn't really belong here but not sure where to post it.

Went to watch the Twin Cities Pro-Am basketball league last night.  Hooker is still really good.   Hit some big shots and was really the only one in either game that made his teammates better.  Same team s Mike Bruesewitz who played at Wisconsin and set him up a few times for open looks and a dunk.  They played off each other well.

Good basketball.  Royce White was probably the biggest name that played.  Crandall's team was off last night but he's in the league too.  

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

He arrived from Serbia in 2016 and spent his Sr. year at Ralston Valley HS, Arvada, CO.  He came off the bench for a 14-11 team.  He averaged about 9 points and 5 rebounds.  He prepped last year at Williston-North Hampton in MA.  It appears he averaged 13-14 points for this team that finished 19-6.  His dad, Zeliko, was drafted in the second round of the 1994 NBA draft..  

That said, who knows if/how much he will contribute in his time at UND.  Hopefully, he will mature into a fine player.  Various sites list him from 6'7"-6'9" and 210-220 lbs

14 hours ago, dakotadan said:

Better be careful about recruiting foreign players. Might get the program cut. 

If the MBB team can manage to start recruiting Olympians, I think they might actually win a few conference titles.

• Upvote 4