SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball 2018

geaux_sioux

44 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Did anyone make it to the spring drills on Friday?  If so any news to report?  I I saw a dept write up that Nelson and Johnson both had inteceptions. One eace from Zim and Nate.  Also Camy caught a 24 yr screen pass.  Say what.

I was reading through the article and was astonished when I cam across the word "screen pass." 

"then redshirt freshman Cam McKinneytook a screen pass 24 yards to the five-yard line to set up the score."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I was reading through the article and was astonished when I cam across the work "screen pass." 

"then redshirt freshman Cam McKinneytook a screen pass 24 yards to the five-yard line to set up the score."

and now " a quick strike to the te for a 10 yard gain on 3rd and 9"???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and now " a quick strike to the te for a 10 yard gain on 3rd and 9"???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha yes! Another one of those illusive plays we have not seen much of. Is Rudy actually opening up the playbook this season?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

I think the latest is that it is no longer April 1st.

I was actually going to write a whole spoof article last year for April Fools about Grady coming back .... to play goalie for the hockey team. Of course, last year it actually looked like the guy was going to come back and play football. 

I think Grady's name will pop up on this forum on an annual basis. 

35 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I think Tom Miller's article is mostly good news.  Really hope to see Austin Gordon make the field and see what he can do.

Except the part about Stewart.  In the short amount of time he was healthy last year the kid could play. 

I don't know why UND has had such poor luck/evaluation of the safety spot.  I know Reyes but he was only healthy about 60% of each season.

1 hour ago, homer said:

Except the part about Stewart.  In the short amount of time he was healthy last year the kid could play. 

I don't know why UND has had such poor luck/evaluation of the safety spot.  I know Reyes but he was only healthy about 60% of each season.

Kuska too. Man those two would have been fun to watch together.

• Upvote 2

On 3/22/2018 at 3:19 PM, The Sicatoka said:

And why him at LB? He runs well. Why not safety? 

I'm hearing that he's damned near unblockable coming off the edge. If he can develop the LB instincts fast enough it'd be fun to see him get some time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, homer said:

Stewart injured his shoulder on every hit. He wouldn’t make it through the first game. Kid doesn’t know how to tackle properly.