SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball 2018

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

F’n A, Cotton!  Idiotic fans. What are they thinking!!?? First rule of fandom... never express hope or glass-half -full opinions. Always mire oneself in absolutes and brutal honesty to the point where you’ve expunged all fun and you’re indistinguishable from SU trollers. “Hope springs eternal”?? — screw that noise!  We are what we are, FHawks fans. Until we’re not. Get use to it. And quit trying to hope yourself out of the cellar. Tell you what, hope in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one fills up quicker. Get the point? No room for inane optimism in here. That’s simply weakness entering the fan base. No fun allowed.  This is a business, so get back on the depression wagon and get back to work hating on these young men. Tough love is the only way, folks. Quit making them think they might have an iota of a chance. That’s pu$$y talk. They won’t get  better any other way!  C’mon. Sheesh!  

LOL!

Point well taken.  I don't think anyone minds opposing opinions, but after hearing it 10-15 times it gets a little old.

22 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

F’n A, Cotton!  Idiotic fans. What are they thinking!!?? First rule of fandom... never express hope or glass-half -full opinions. Always mire oneself in absolutes and brutal honesty to the point where you’ve expunged all fun and you’re indistinguishable from SU trollers. “Hope springs eternal”?? — screw that noise!  We are what we are, FHawks fans. Until we’re not. Get use to it. And quit trying to hope yourself out of the cellar. Tell you what, hope in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one fills up quicker. Get the point? No room for inane optimism in here. That’s simply weakness entering the fan base. No fun allowed.  This is a business, so get back on the depression wagon and get back to work hating on these young men. Tough love is the only way, folks. Quit making them think they might have an iota of a chance. That’s pu$$y talk. They won’t get  better any other way!  C’mon. Sheesh!  

LOL!

I stopped reading after "First rule of fandom ..."

Go UND

Heidelbaugh isn't the kind of WR this program needs, but he's willing to go there to stay in the program so kudos to him.  

I agree that Gordon would probably make a better safety than LB.  Maybe the LB corps is still looking weak going into next year?  Yikes.............

11 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Heidelbaugh isn't the kind of WR this program needs, but he's willing to go there to stay in the program so kudos to him.  

I agree that Gordon would probably make a better safety than LB.  Maybe the LB corps is still looking weak going into next year?  Yikes.............

Gordon is 5'10.  Not playing safety in the Big Sky at the height.

17 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Gordon is 5'10.  Not playing safety in the Big Sky at the height.

Ya, you got me there I guess.  I guess I was thinking that as a former RB he should be more athletic than the stereotypical LB.  He'll still be the shortest LB on the roster as far as I can tell.  Strong kid though that is put together.  Me thinks he'll be a depth/special teams guy and nothing more at this point.

The timing of his violation was pretty bad for him given the fact that Johannesen came here the same year.  Always liked the way Gordon carried the ball.........

Gotta give him credit for sticking with the program.  He could have easily bailed like Josh Murray did, or quit all together like Chappell .........

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

It ain’t that hard to use 4 RBs in a season.

So use him for 6-7 plays a game tops in some random set?  Because if he goes in more times than not one of the others is going out on a typical formation.

And don't say put 3 RBs on the field at once...fuking stupid.

He isn't Reggie Bush 2.0 people.  There is a reason he is their 4th RB.  

47 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

So use him for 6-7 plays a game tops in some random set?  Because if he goes in more times than not one of the others is going out on a typical formation.

And don't say put 3 RBs on the field at once...fuking stupid.

He isn't Reggie Bush 2.0 people.  There is a reason he is their 4th RB.  

And if one of the first three gets injured? Or two? Or all three?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

And if one of the first three gets injured? Or two? Or all three?

He goes back to running back.  In the mean time he is getting 15-20 reps a game at OLB and using his overall talent.  

He knows running back and the playbook already.  Is this really confusing?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

He goes back to running back.  In the mean time he is getting 15-20 reps a game at OLB and using his overall talent.  

He knows running back and the playbook already.  Is this really confusing?

You sure are feisty today. You’re assuming he cracks the OLB rotation.

• Upvote 1