SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

7 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Just a side note, but Idaho State is hosting Idaho this weekend.  The game is likely to sell out for the first time in 30 years.  Should be a great atmosphere in their, and their fans deserve it after watching years of !@#$ football.  I'll be watching and hope they put the hurt on Idaho... took a few minutes to read their message board, and their fans are even more nauseating than Bison fans.  

Good for Idaho State.  The game will also have direct implications on UND's strength of schedule.  We need Idaho State to do well this year, after that loss.

Idaho St. may be the surprise of the Big Sky this year.  This years Weber St.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Idaho St. may be the surprise of the Big Sky this year.  This years Weber St.

The Big Sky has been a little odd since we've joined, seems like there is a team that comes from almost nowhere and is good.  SUU I think won the conference a few years ago, Weber was a bottom feeder a couple years ago and now seem to be a top team once again this year.  Some could say we came from nowhere to share the title with EWU the one year.  Portland State.....can't remember if they won it or not but they were towards the top one year.  Sure has been interesting each year to see who will actually be good and towards the top.  UC Davis also making noise this year.  

53 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

The Big Sky has been a little odd since we've joined, seems like there is a team that comes from almost nowhere and is good.  SUU I think won the conference a few years ago, Weber was a bottom feeder a couple years ago and now seem to be a top team once again this year.  Some could say we came from nowhere to share the title with EWU the one year.  Portland State.....can't remember if they won it or not but they were towards the top one year.  Sure has been interesting each year to see who will actually be good and towards the top.  UC Davis also making noise this year.  

I will probably be wrong but I have a feeling the Davis will fizzle out toward the end of the year. 

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Just a side note, but Idaho State is hosting Idaho this weekend.  The game is likely to sell out for the first time in 30 years.  Should be a great atmosphere in their, and their fans deserve it after watching years of !@#$ football.  I'll be watching and hope they put the hurt on Idaho... took a few minutes to read their message board, and their fans are even more nauseating than Bison fans.  

Good for Idaho State.  The game will also have direct implications on UND's strength of schedule.  We need Idaho State to do well this year, after that loss.

Not possible

• Upvote 3

What's going on in sections 210 / 211? It is Family Weekend, I'm guessing that's where the tickets usually are? If you go on Ticketmaster right now, it's probably a little deceiving unless there's something going on where all those seats are actually all spoken for. If that's the case, there will be a lot of people at that game. Still plenty of seats of course, but it makes such a big difference showing nothing in 210 / 211.

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

What's going on in sections 210 / 211? It is Family Weekend, I'm guessing that's where the tickets usually are? If you go on Ticketmaster right now, it's probably a little deceiving unless there's something going on where all those seats are actually all spoken for. If that's the case, there will be a lot of people at that game. Still plenty of seats of course, but it makes such a big difference showing nothing in 210 / 211.

I think it is, I think I saw a tweet from Bubba saying that. 

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think it is, I think I saw a tweet from Bubba saying that. 

Can anyone remember how full those sections usually get for Family Weekend? UND probably would only need to sell 500 tickets throughout the stadium from now until kickoff to get the place to look really full with the remaining seats that show up on Ticketmaster.

33 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So the picture of the seating chart is legit.

Large crowd in the Hawks Nest + Hawks win + Montana upward movement in the polls = UND becoming a serious contender! 

There is like 3 or 4 contenders. 

11 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Gosh I am excited about the full house and I'll be there as well. However, just a bit apprehensive about the outcome. If history is any guide, the bigger the crowd the bigger disappointing loss. 

Hate to be a Negative Nancy and Debbie Downer, but this part worries me too.  They seem to disappoint just at worst possible time.

13 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Hate to be a Negative Nancy and Debbie Downer, but this part worries me too.  They seem to disappoint just at worst possible time.

It seems to me that Sioux Football fans are ready to start packing the Alerus - the energy is there - you are correct, however, in that at some point the program has to give us some home games that leave us fired up instead of feeling like we have been kicked in the gut.  This fan momentum won't last forever.  And it just isn't the home losses - it is partly how we looked during those losses.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So the picture of the seating chart is legit.

Large crowd in the Hawks Nest + Hawks win + Montana upward movement in the polls = UND becoming a serious contender! 

Pretty sure Montana had a downward movement in the polls, but hey it’s your story, tell it like you want.