SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

28 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Even though the last game took the air out of the season the seniors deserve a good send off at the very least. There are some hall of fame caliber guys that will probably play their final game at the Alerus on Saturday. They deserve our thanks.

You are right; they absolutely deserve our thanks. 

• Upvote 3

I'm going to watch on my tablet. Although, I'd love to see our SR RB's one more time, I'm afraid to watch our special teams. If I drive over there and see one more kick blocked I will completely loose my mind in public. Not a pretty sight. I can't risk it.  

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Over/under at 8700 for an average next season. I'll go under.

As of today I take the under.  Depends on any potential changes and how the season progresses.  We play at NDSU and home agains Sam Houston, win those and attendance goes up.  But as things stand today, I don't see that scenario playing out.  Also, next year looks to be a twelve game season as we have six home games for the first times since 2014.  The last two games of the year are at home against UNC and SUU.  Guessing attendance wont be very good for those games.  Too bad the program is trending the wrong way and won't be able to take advantage of the extra game.

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We thought our schedule would be really tough going in to this year though.

Yup.....and we took full advantage of that did we.

Bottom line people have better entertainment options than to watch another season of this garbage.

• Upvote 1

Apparently you just need a few rich alumni to donate $35,000 and some of the students will stay for the whole game.  Of note, even with these promotions the 3rd quarter $1,000 prize was unclaimed twice and the $5,000 fourth quarter prize was unclaimed three times...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/11/23/college-football-one-big-ten-school-paid-students-stay-games/2081646002/

3 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Apparently you just need a few rich alumni to donate $35,000 and some of the students will stay for the whole game.  Of note, even with these promotions the 3rd quarter $1,000 prize was unclaimed twice and the $5,000 fourth quarter prize was unclaimed three times...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/11/23/college-football-one-big-ten-school-paid-students-stay-games/2081646002/

Wow, how sad is this?