SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

3 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Athletic department needs to give 1,000 percent effort promoting this game with hockey out of town. Hope to see some creativity throughout the week from the marketing team 

Good week to do Military appreciation, that should help out a little bit. 

22 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Football student section has about 200 hardcore fans that appreciate a football game on the 50 yard line. 

At the hockey game last night, student section was totally lame.  I will sum up their lameness.

1. They correct the announcer when he says Hawks, most yell Sioux.  (Millennials do have a hard time with reality) (Best to get the hot chocolate and coloring books out in the grieving rooms, time to move on)

2. Students tell the other players they suck sh-t when announced, which could be the dumbest thing you have ever heard.  One of those players, Shane McMahon for Mankato, a Fargo Force player 2 years ago, spent some time at my house.  I witnessed him several times eating real food and drinking drinks.  No sh-t was sucked, and I did have dog sh-t in the yard.  I saw Shane after the game, he took a photo with my kids.  I tried smelling his breath for evidence of sh-t sucking, none detected.

3. They tell the opposing goalie he is a sieve for letting in a goal.  (How original)

4. They wipe their hands back and forth, lean right and left during "In Heaven Their is No Beer" (Wow!!)  I like the song, but the sway along gets a 2 out of 10.

5.  Overall intensity.....not good.  3 out of 10.

6.  Student soberness, not good, way too sober!!  Thanks administration!!

7.  After opposing team kills a penalty off.  "Mankato now at full Strength"  "that's debatable ".

8.  As we are about to kill off a penalty the band beats the drum, basically letting the other team know we will be coming out of the box soon.  

25 minutes ago, Big Green said:

7.  After opposing team kills a penalty off.  "Mankato now at full Strength"  "that's debatable ".

8.  As we are about to kill off a penalty the band beats the drum, basically letting the other team know we will be coming out of the box soon.  

Riveting stuff - 

23 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

I'll be in Vegas and am also planning on giving my 2 seats away.  Huge game!

What a great Monday morning after a Saturday W.

I'm also giving my tickets away, would of really liked to be at this BIGGEST home game so far this season.

The Madison Square Garden game was on the day of Richmond playoff game, go figure?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'm also giving my tickets away, would of really liked to be at this BIGGEST home game so far this season.

The Madison Square Garden game was on the day of Richmond playoff game, go figure?

Lots of hockey left, I didn't go to MSG and won't go to Vegas. It's football time of year. Wouldn't miss it.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Yep - I streamed that game on my phone at a bar in NYC before the hockey game.

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

But if it were Faison people would complain that he missed a big football game.

Probably true.  I don't recall what Faison did for the Madison Square Garden game, but that was during UND's first DI playoff game ever, so I'm not sure it's really comparable either.  Chaves has already built up more goodwill with all-sports fans than Faison ever had, so I guess I'm willing to give him a pass here.

• Upvote 1

I get it that there will be many fans that are going to be in Vegas this weekend that would typically be at the football game on Saturday.  I am going to give our fans in this situation the benefit of the doubt that they will give their tickets to someone else so they can attend the game.  So I confident the attendance will be great for the game on Saturday.  Also, the football game is at 2pm, the hcokey game is on at 9pm in Grand Forks.  No reason why fans can't do both.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We could buy the student tickets like we did for the playoff game two years ago to increase attendance. Oh never mind, students get in free.

I know last year every game i believe had student alotment given away. There actually were students paying for discounted tickets from the Union and Alerus even tho others didn't use the free ticket they were given

6 minutes ago, Feff said:

That's why students not going to sporting events other than hockey is fairly stupid, they are throwing away part of their tuition. When I was a student I tried to make it to everything possible. 

Some people don't like sports. Some people have part time jobs. Some people have flight lessons. Some people have homework or studying or group projects. There are a million legitimate reasons for a student to not attend sporting events despite the fact that they have already paid for them.