SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

Move the Student section to 210, 211, and 212.  Put the band in section 212.  Open up sections 213 and 214 to new season ticket holders.  Look at what happened a few years back when they moved the students over a section and 215 became available.  Season tickets sold out in that section.  Same thing would happen in 213 and 214.  If the students are not going to show up, they don't deserve to have the best seats in the Alerus.  Let the students keep the same number of seats, just move them over.  I am sure there plenty of people that would love to buy season tickets, but don't want to get them in the corners. 

Football.PNG

• Like 2

Winning will solve 95% of these problems. Winning consistently from year to year will do wonders for attendance for every group. The problem is people are always waiting for the next shoe to drop with the team being good one week and not-so-good the next. That has been the problem for this program for 10 years now. Hopefully this season is the start of a new era. #justwinbaby

2 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Will you stop bitching about a half empty student section if it isn't mid field?  Because moving the students to the corner isn't going to encourage casual fans to attend the game...

Paying fans who are more likely to actually attend the game and stay for its entire duration should be awarded mid-field seats.

That’s all.

Students can still attend games for free and sit in a student section with their peers, just not take prime real estate at mid-field only to leave in the 2nd quarter revealing hundreds of empty seats for the important second half; it just looks bad.

It’s what most universities do; nothing new.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Move the Student section to 210, 211, and 212.  Put the band in section 212.  Open up sections 213 and 214 to new season ticket holders.  Look at what happened a few years back when they moved the students over a section and 215 became available.  Season tickets sold out in that section.  Same think would happen in 213 and 214.  If the students are not going to show up, they don't deserve to have the best seats in the Alerus.  Let the students keep the same number of seats, just move them over.  I am sure there plenty of people that would love to buy season tickets, but don't want to get them in the corners. 

Football.PNG

I absolutely agree with this. Well thought out and logical. It would be an improvement and should be implemented as soon as possible.

43 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Move the Student section to 210, 211, and 212.  Put the band in section 212.  Open up sections 213 and 214 to new season ticket holders.  Look at what happened a few years back when they moved the students over a section and 215 became available.  Season tickets sold out in that section.  Same think would happen in 213 and 214.  If the students are not going to show up, they don't deserve to have the best seats in the Alerus.  Let the students keep the same number of seats, just move them over.  I am sure there plenty of people that would love to buy season tickets, but don't want to get them in the corners. 

Football.PNG

At a minimum, the student section should be moved over at least one section.....211, 212, and 213 and do season tickets for 214.  But yeah perhaps even moved two sections over like you suggested. 

50 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

At a minimum, the student section should be moved over at least one section.....211, 212, and 213 and do season tickets for 214.  But yeah perhaps even moved two sections over like you suggested. 

I like just moving them over 1 section for now as well.  I had earlier suggested moving the band more towards midfield, but what are everyone's thoughts on having the band stay in 212 and forming the heart of the student section between 211 and 213?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Moving one section would be perfect. That leaves section 210 the unofficial drinking student section because we all know that section is always empty anyways.

General admission here.  Younger people who are recent grads may like to be near the student section and drink, and not have to worry about where everyone is buying their seats.  

42 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I like just moving them over 1 section for now as well.  I had earlier suggested moving the band more towards midfield, but what are everyone's thoughts on having the band stay in 212 and forming the heart of the student section between 211 and 213?

Leave the band where they are in 212, they are there every week and for the duration of the game obviously, so obviously that section is always full and the band are some of the best fans.  All of 210 and 211 should be reserved for students, and everything south of the band should be available to the general public......... 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bincitysioux said:

Leave the band where they are in 212, they are there every week and for the duration of the game obviously, so obviously that section is always full and the band are some of the best fans.  All of 210 and 211 should be reserved for students, and everything south of the band should be available to the general public......... 

I also believe the stairs down to the field are right in front of that section, so it is probably a logistics thing to keep them there as well (though maybe they could put the stairs elsewhere?)

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

I would say they should try to sell as many season tickets in 213 and 214 as they can.  Like I said before, there are likely fans that would love to buy season tickets but don't want to sit in the corners.  Sell the lower section below the walkway in those sections as season tickets, and the seats above the walkway in 213 and 214 sell as single game tickets to the general public.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

We have a band? I hear little of the band and more blasting music when the game is going on. Lose the speaker music and have more band music. I wonder if they get bored during the game.

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

And the sound person still plays the music too long when we have the ball and are in our huddle.

This......and does it seem like they play more music when we have the ball??? Should be the other way around at least if they're gonna do it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Cratter said:

Moving one section would be perfect. That leaves section 210 the unofficial drinking student section because we all know that section is always empty anyways.

210 will remain largely empty then. 210 and 211 for students and 212 for band.

That would allow two premium midfield sections to be turned over to paying ticket holders and actually be well filled throughout the duration of the game (not empty in the 4th quarter).

• Upvote 1

As previously state, students today just don't care as much about attending sporting events.  they can get endless amount of live sporting events on their phones.  Why take the time and effort to go all the way to the Alerus Center.  Fortunately there are people ready and willing to take their place if they don't want to use their prime seats at the Alerus.  

(Sidenote:  Hockey isn't safe either.  Students having trouble filling their section as well.  I wouldn't be surprised to see sections 108 and 109 turn into Champions Club Season tickets and just move all the students to the upper bowl.)

Decreasing and/or moving student sections is something more and more Universities are going to have to decide on moving forward.  Kind of hard to loo at a half full student section and not think how many of those seats could be sold to the general public.

15 hours ago, CMSioux said:

And the sound person still plays the music too long when we have the ball and are in our huddle.

My thoughts exactly!   Played too much music...Seemed like between every play.  Played especially long while our offense was getting ready to snap the ball.  Was it too loud to make calls on the offensive line?   How about too loud to make an audible?   Crank it up when they opposing team has the ball!

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

As previously state, students today just don't care as much about attending sporting events.  they can get endless amount of live sporting events on their phones.  Why take the time and effort to go all the way to the Alerus Center.  Fortunately there are people ready and willing to take their place if they don't want to use their prime seats at the Alerus.  

(Sidenote:  Hockey isn't safe either.  Students having trouble filling their section as well.  I wouldn't be surprised to see sections 108 and 109 turn into Champions Club Season tickets and just move all the students to the upper bowl.)

Decreasing and/or moving student sections is something more and more Universities are going to have to decide on moving forward.  Kind of hard to loo at a half full student section and not think how many of those seats could be sold to the general public.

When I was in school any unsold student hockey tickets were sold to the general public like the Wed or Thur of game week

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Sometimes it's okay to sacrifice the almighty dollar in favor of giving good seats for the students to watch their own team. Without the students there would be no team.

I am just speculating.  Heck, they got rid of an entire section that once belonged to students at the Fargodome!!

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I am just speculating.  Heck, they got rid of an entire section that once belonged to students at the Fargodome!!

Same at the Ralph already.

The fargodome still gives students close to the field seats unlike your hockey proposal.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Same at the Ralph already.

The fargodome still gives students close to the field seats unlike your hockey proposal.

The Ralph won't take away the lower bowl seats, however I wouldn't be surprised to see an additional upper bowl section be up for discussion at some point.

The comparison with what NDSU didn't isn't really comparable at because the set-ups are completely different, but there is zero argument that they took away the most valuable/best seats the students had, all because they were shot down on an increase in student fees because they had a poor presentation and didn't get the rubber stamp they were expecting.