Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
F'n Hawks

2018 attendance

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It was an incredibly flat atmosphere to start the game. Luckily the guys made a ton of plays early.

I wish we could get to the level of Montana's on crowd noise. Those stadiums are nuts even before the ball is ever kicked off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It was an incredibly flat atmosphere to start the game. Luckily the guys made a ton of plays early.

It’s been a while since the atmosphere wasn’t flat to start a game. In games in recent years, noise is only made on 3rd downs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It was an incredibly flat atmosphere to start the game. Luckily the guys made a ton of plays early.

Thought I was at funeral.  Crazy how many people can make so little noise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Thought I was at funeral.  Crazy how many people can make so little noise 

Watching the game online, I was thinking the crowd didn't seem that loud.  However we were up 14-0 before some people probably got to their seat, and then we were up 21-0. Great to get up so quickly, but I think that may have played a small part of people not being that excited.  While the game certainly wasn't in hand at that point, think it puts the crowd in a more relaxed state of mind instead of being more intense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the attendance for the Big Sky and MVFC games this week:

 

Idaho @ Montana State: 19,177

Youngstown State @ South Dakota State: 14,357

Southern Illinois @ Illinois State: 11,247 (In State rivalry game)

Idaho State @ UC Davis: 10,849

Montana @ North Dakota: 10,497

Sac State @ Southern Utah: 10,424

Northern Iowa @ South Dakota: 9,513

Eastern Washington @ Weber State: 8,211

Missouri State @ Indiana State: 6,721

Northern Colorado @ Portland State: 4,375

North Dakota State @ Western Illinois: 2,709 (Wow, that's bad.)

 

The Big Sky and MVFC represent 2 out of the top 3 best attended conferences in FCS Football.

Only four games yesterday had a greater attendance than the UND game between the two conferences.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cratter said:

Here's the attendance for the Big Sky and MVFC games this week:

 

Idaho @ Montana State: 19,177

Youngstown State @ South Dakota State: 14,357

Southern Illinois @ Illinois State: 11,247 (In State rivalry game)

Idaho State @ UC Davis: 10,849

Montana @ North Dakota: 10,497

Sac State @ Southern Utah: 10,424

Northern Iowa @ South Dakota: 9,513

Eastern Washington @ Weber State: 8,211

Missouri State @ Indiana State: 6,721

Northern Colorado @ Portland State: 4,375

North Dakota State @ Western Illinois: 2,709 (Wow, that's bad.)

 

The Big Sky and MVFC represent 2 out of the top 3 best attended conferences in FCS Football.

Only four games yesterday had a greater attendance than the UND game between the two conferences.

I get your point, but with better student attendance we should of been in 3rd place with over 11,247.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I get your point, but with better student attendance we should of been in 3rd place with over 11,247.

"If we had more students here right now. Our attendance would be greater."

Said thousands of times a year by every FCS fan base.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

"If we had more students here right now. Our attendance would be greater." Said thousands of times a year by every FCS fan base.

Nearly every FBS team too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

ND @ Hornet Stadium   ----   October 20 at 8:00 PM central time

California State University, Sacramento - in Sacramento, California

FieldTurf 2010–present   21,195-seat college football & track stadium

Image result for hornet stadium sacramento

 

Related image

Shouldn't they be FBS by now with all the upgrades they did in the 2000s? Or were they targeting the new tv/bowl contract in 2025?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still trying to figure out how we only had 10,500 people at that game.  Place seemed as full as it's been in recent memory.  Even the north end opponent side was close to full, which it never is.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Still trying to figure out how we only had 10,500 people at that game.  Place seemed as full as it's been in recent memory.  Even the north end opponent side was close to full, which it never is.  

I was kind of surprised when I heard the attendance. Sure seemed like more to me -10,497 and hockey had 11,847; #'s from UND box scores. 

I did a count of tickets still for sale on Ticketmaster Saturday morning, and made the post here, and there were about a 1,000 tickets left. Now that is assuming all the student section tickets get taken and all visiting section - Ticketmaster just blanks them out. 

I have seats in 215 and noticed the visiting section (lower 217) was full. There were quit a few Montana fans also spread out above, good visiting crowd.  Looking across to the east side, only upper corners were empty, and even less than Ticketmaster just showed. At that point I taught we were over 11,000.

So I still put the attendance blame on the students, there were some empty areas of seats there. The students did fill the students section the last home game and was hoping for that again, but still surprises me that ticket sales didn't exceed 11,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I was kind of surprised when I heard the attendance. Sure seemed like more to me -10,497 and hockey had 11,847; #'s from UND box scores. 

I did a count of tickets still for sale on Ticketmaster Saturday morning, and made the post here, and there were about a 1,000 tickets left. Now that is assuming all the student section tickets get taken and all visiting section - Ticketmaster just blanks them out. 

I have seats in 215 and noticed the visiting section (lower 217) was full. There were quit a few Montana fans also spread out above, good visiting crowd.  Looking across to the east side, only upper corners were empty, and even less than Ticketmaster just showed. At that point I taught we were over 11,000.

So I still put the attendance blame on the students, there were some empty areas of seats there. The students did fill the students section the last home game and was hoping for that again, but still surprises me that ticket sales didn't exceed 11,000.

I watched some highlights after I got home, and couldn't believe how empty the student section was.  Otherwise, the place was packed!  Montana fans had a nice showing, and were very vocal, even though their team didn't give them much to cheer about.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

I watched some highlights after I got home, and couldn't believe how empty the student section was.  Otherwise, the place was packed!  Montana fans had a nice showing, and were very vocal, even though their team didn't give them much to cheer about.

I'm hearing this a lot. Students didn't tailgate either. Of course weather was a big factor for all of tailgating. I didn't get a good look at the student section, I wonder if there is a place one can find out student attendance? Does anyone know if students can get tickets ahead of time or only at the Alerus prior to the game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'm hearing this a lot. Students didn't tailgate either. Of course weather was a big factor for all of tailgating. I didn't get a good look at the student section, I wonder if there is a place one can find out student attendance? Does anyone know if students can get tickets ahead of time or only at the Alerus prior to the game? 

They typically have 1 to 2 weeks in advance in which they can get tickets. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So all they have to do is go to The Ralph ticket office with their student ID and get couple free tickets?

They have a spot in the Union where they can get the tickets, or at least they used to (I would still think it would be there)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

We need to make it easier for our students.  They need personalized uber or limo rides, paid for of course, then just scan them in on their phones, chair lifts to the student section, and then the paying fans need to go over and tell them how awesome they are and how successful they are going to be in life.

Add free pizza and they might enter ,scan the ticket, eat, and leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make the drinking age inside the Alerus 18...... kidding.... attendance for Weber game will be interesting, need a good showing from the students to have a good number especially with a few season ticket holders gone to Vegas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SkoHawks said:

Make the drinking age inside the Alerus 18...... kidding.... attendance for Weber game will be interesting, need a good showing from the students to have a good number especially with a few season ticket holders gone to Vegas.  

A good start would be to allow students 21 and older to bring a beer into the student section.  Pisses me off that we treat adult students like kids.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have mixed feelings about blaming anyone who doesn't want to be at a game. Who am I to say someone else should be at a game that I am into only because I am into it? That said, there could be fewer seats available for students but we aren't selling out anyway.

Same with cheering. Who am I to tell the guy next to me that they should be standing more often and screaming?

Ideally, the product sells itself for the most part.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Big Green said:

A good start would be to allow students 21 and older to bring a beer into the student section.  Pisses me off that we treat adult students like kids.

 

 

Nothing is keeping students that are 21+ from drinking anywhere else besides 3 sections.  You do realize why it would be a problem to allow it in the student section right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

Nothing is keeping students that are 21+ from drinking anywhere else besides 3 sections.  You do realize why it would be a problem to allow it in the student section right?

I know we are so afraid of underage drinking.  If you want to sit with the other student you need to sit in that section.  Yes, you can find a sit in the other sections, and risk being kicked out.   Do they allow drinking in the student tall gate lot?  I'm assuming so and I'm guessing there is a lot of underage drinking going on.  What stopping two non-students, one over 21 and the other under 21 siting in a non-student sit and the of age person buying for the one under age?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×