SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ uno - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

13 hours ago, Goon said:

I am currently watching the game: iPad hooked up to my VIZO tv, I have Google WIFI and it's working great. No tiling and it's smooth. I also watched the UMD game on Saturday night, it was just fine. 

That's good that it works for you, but it doesn't change the fact that the methods I used before the update were either removed or not fully updated. They half-@$$ed the update mid-season rather than do it right in the off season. 

I could use the roku app in lieu of Chromecast but with a 5 minute delay. Not sure why it's behind the website feed by so much.

6 hours ago, burd said:

About the announcers on the UNO NCHC broadcast:   They were heaping praise on UND all night and did not bitch very much when penalties were called on the Mavs.  I wasn't crazy about their style, but they were certainly about as objective as you could ask for.   

Having not seen all of Friday night, I found myself wondering whether the boys played that much better Saturday,  Goals Last night certainly could have been very different with some bounces one way or another.    It seems like it is always easier to be happy with the performance when we win.  

They dominated all weekend when even. Only reason we lost on Friday was our PK. Seems to be a simple formula, right now. Stay out of the box and we are pretty darn good defensively to control teams. Consistency, boys and girls. This team has the goods to be in the tourney and has shown then ability to play with and beat anyone.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

That's good that it works for you, but it doesn't change the fact that the methods I used before the update were either removed or not fully updated. They half-@$$ed the update mid-season rather than do it right in the off season. 

I could use the roku app in lieu of Chromecast but with a 5 minute delay. Not sure why it's behind the website feed by so much.

Are you using the NCHC APP? 

21 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

shh we're not supposed to spread that thought. TheFlop sure has been awfully quiet though

If he can have 2 solid games in Miami then he deserves kudos......for playing the way a senior goaltender should be expected to play all the time not every sixth game.  

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Irish said:

I remember the Rube era very well - maybe seeing that makes me really on edge when I feel us slipping now.  We have established a reputation for excellence and for turning out NHL ready players.  Let's keep it up.

As do I.   There were some good guys on those teams, though.   Jim Cahoon, Greg Cameron . . .

7 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

So what's the deal with Bowen?

I was at the games this weekend (yes, MafiaMan, I was there) and during the Friday night game it appeared to me that Bowen got thrown out of the faceoff circle every time but once that I remember.  There may have been a few other times he did not get thrown out, but that was one issue.  It also appeared that he just did not have an effective game, i.e. he was pretty much unnoticed except for getting thrown out on faceoffs.  That would be my guess.