SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

21 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Is he supposed to stop supporting UND because he interviewed for another job? 

Never said he's to stop supporting UND. More like try not to be like the other President,     ......       Trump???  Maybe drop the Twitter account???

For Kennedy to say (with a picture of the presidents) we will win the Men's & Women's trophy in next years tournament, is like asking for a bunch of opposing fans to play ball with this statement a year from now.

• Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Never said he's to stop supporting UND. More like try not to be like the other President,     ......       Trump???  Maybe drop the Twitter account???

For Kennedy to say (with a picture of the presidents) we will win the Men's & Women's trophy in next years tournament, is like asking for a bunch of opposing fans to play ball with this statement a year from now.

Who cares about them? Most of them (those that actually care about basketball) probably can't read anyway so unless you make it into a picture story, the majority of them will be none the wiser. I like that he has high standards and hope he expects the same from the coaches and gives the athletic department the resources to back up his statement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Who cares about them? Most of them can't read anyway so unless you make it into a picture story, most of them will be none the wiser. I like that he had both standards and hope he expects the same from the coaches and gives the athletic department the resources to back up his statement. 

Hope for the resources!

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Anyone see this tweet? Can this be real?

https://twitter.com/search?q=thesummitleague President's Council meeting&src=typd

DXegZfEU0AAc3P7.jpg

Mark Kennedy @MarkKennedyUND

The @thesummitleague President's Council meeting gave me a chance to see the trophy @UNDwbasketball and @UNDmbasketball team will win in next year's tournament when we join the conference. Go @UofNorthDakota #UNDproud

Can anyone imagine the boat load of posts this will produce a year from now?  Central Florida, please!

All the Presidents aren’t there.  DenverU Prez is a woman.  Abbott from USD just had a heart attack.  Don’t think UNO’s Chancellor is there.

Douple looks like a clown.  Bresciani is shorter and trying to outfox the others.

Schools that are endanger of leaving, like ORU, WIU, and IPFW, are usually at those meetings as they don’t want exit fees raised.

7 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

All the Presidents aren’t there.  DenverU Prez is a women.  Abbott from USD just had a heart attack.  Don’t think UNO’s Chancellor is there.

Douple looks like a clown.  Bresciani is shorter and trying to outfox the others.

Schools that are endanger of leaving, like ORU, WIU, and IPFW, are usually at those meetings as they don’t want exit fees raised.

Give you a little credit, you do have the two, with staying power, together in your second line.

Someone  stated the mods of this board don't have an agenda.."oh yeah. Look at the name of this site!!!"

Someone also asked why I used the 'Hilary not being president' along with  'UND women's hockey and the nickname issue'....All examples of things that will never happen...that's why....

someone also challenged me to bet that 'women's hockey WILL return along with the old nickname'.....you're on...except you've got nothing that I want when I win!!!!

• Downvote 4

4 hours ago, John W. said:

Someone  stated the mods of this board don't have an agenda.."oh yeah. Look at the name of this site!!!"

Someone also asked why I used the 'Hilary not being president' along with  'UND women's hockey and the nickname issue'....All examples of things that will never happen...that's why....

someone also challenged me to bet that 'women's hockey WILL return along with the old nickname'.....you're on...except you've got nothing that I want when I win!!!!

tenor (1).gif

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, John W. said:

I will give you that women’s hockey has a 10,000x better chance to come back than the nickname. That’s all I’ll give you.

Story in the Herald today about Kennedy’s interview. Small sample size quoted but the student rep who sits on the committee and asked how Kennedy would deal with a potential DACA issue at UCF and apparently he gave a “politician’s answer” that didn’t sit well with her. 

23 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Story in the Herald today about Kennedy’s interview. Small sample size quoted but the student rep who sits on the committee and asked how Kennedy would deal with a potential DACA issue at UCF and apparently he gave a “politician’s answer” that didn’t sit well with her. 

Stupid question.  He is a school president, not the president.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, lawkota said:

Kennedy is not going to make $1.3 million at UCF.  Hitt's $1.3 million salary in 2016-17 included a one time retention bonus of $491K, something the incoming president is not going to get. 

I have been told by a reliable source that his salary would be north of 1 million, plus reasonably attainable incentives that could make it 1.3.

Even if I'm wrong, subtract the 491k from Hitt's salary and look where he's at.

Having said that, my gut says he doesn't get the job.