SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

7 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

He’d bolt for $1.3M and the Sunshine State in a heartbeat, too, given the chance. 

Offer it to me and I'd take it.
I'd get my hockey jones from the Bolts (UCF to Amalie is 99 miles on I-4). 

What surprised me from the article is that he didn't attend graduation due to a family event. That must have been a HECK of a family event to not attend graduation at the University where you are the President....

Anyone have more info on the family event?

2 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

What surprised me from the article is that he didn't attend graduation due to a family event. That must have been a HECK of a family event to not attend graduation at the University where you are the President....

Would also like to hear more on this.  I don't trust anything Eric Murphy says, so would like another source.

3 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

I read that too.  Does anyone know if it was a commencement ceremony or some other graduation function?

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

For $1.3 M you could even have Uber get you there and back every trip.

21 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

UCF has a club team.  Time to start up the AACHA.  Where is SiouxVolley's grand plan for that league?

• Upvote 1

The Herald,  this board's mods, and some who post, definitely have an agenda...and hold to 3 fallacies that will never happen....much to their chagrin: 1) Hilary  did not get elected, 2) UND will not reinstate women's hockey and 3) the  old nickname and logo ain't ever comin' back....

They need a 'double shot of reality'!!!!!

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, John W. said:

The Herald,  this board's mods, and some who post, definitely have an agenda...and hold to 3 fallacies that will never happen....much to their chagrin: 1) Hilary  did not get elected, 2) UND will not reinstate women's hockey and 3) the  old nickname and logo ain't ever comin' back....

1. Not sure why you included the moderating team, as it made your statement false.
  2. Cut the politics.
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So "ceremonies" was really "ceremony" and "family events" was the birth of a grandchild.  I like and trust Eric Murphy (and the Herald staff) even less than I did before.  Made it sound like he skipped for a family reunion or some BS.  

Wouldnt you believe that if it wasnt a valid reason why he missed out we would have heard it by now and it would have been a massive talking point for 2 weeks?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Wouldnt you believe that if it wasnt a valid reason why he missed out we would have heard it by now and it would have been a massive talking point for 2 weeks?

The women’s hockey crowd would have ran with it for a month or two. 

53 minutes ago, John W. said:

Wanna make a bet on 2 and 3?

25 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Yep.  Instead they slip it in a quote without context and let people's minds run with it.

Anyone see this tweet? Can this be real?

https://twitter.com/search?q=thesummitleague President's Council meeting&src=typd

DXegZfEU0AAc3P7.jpg

Mark Kennedy @MarkKennedyUND

The @thesummitleague President's Council meeting gave me a chance to see the trophy @UNDwbasketball and @UNDmbasketball team will win in next year's tournament when we join the conference. Go @UofNorthDakota #UNDproud

Can anyone imagine the boat load of posts this will produce a year from now?  Central Florida, please!

19 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Anyone see this tweet? Can this be real?

https://twitter.com/search?q=thesummitleague President's Council meeting&src=typd

DXegZfEU0AAc3P7.jpg

Mark Kennedy @MarkKennedyUND

The @thesummitleague President's Council meeting gave me a chance to see the trophy @UNDwbasketball and @UNDmbasketball team will win in next year's tournament when we join the conference. Go @UofNorthDakota #UNDproud

Can anyone imagine the boat load of posts this will produce a year from now?  Central Florida, please!

When he is in Sioux Falls?

He isn't going to get the job.  I would be absolutely stunned if they picked him.