SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

48 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That data is quite difficult to come across, as far as directly comparing advertising. 

When it comes to such advertising, what folks gather by just being present is about as good of a measure as any; they are directly observing the very metric set out by the advertising itself.

Marketing/advertising goes well beyond the expenditures; strategy and effort makes a tremendous difference.

To "call BS" on something of that sort is perhaps unfounded criticism. NDSU has outdone UND in terms of marketing and enrollment during the past decade, hands down. It may hurt for some, but bite the bullet and admit the facts.  

You're drawing a false correlation between "marketing" and "enrollment."  This discussion is specifically about Twin Cities advertising, and whether President X spent more than President Y.  I don't think it unreasonable to ask for something concrete to demonstrate that the expenditures by either school have had any impact whatsoever on enrollment from the Twin Cities.  Anecdotal evidence about who saw what billboard when and where -- especially when the "who" is very likely outside the target demographic -- is meaningless.

The BS, by the way, was the unfounded attack on President Kelley, a hobby for which some around here have an unnatural hard-on.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

You're drawing a false correlation between "marketing" and "enrollment."  This discussion is specifically about Twin Cities advertising, and whether President X spent more than President Y.  I don't think it unreasonable to ask for something concrete to demonstrate that the expenditures by either school have had any impact whatsoever on enrollment from the Twin Cities.  Anecdotal evidence about who saw what billboard when and where -- especially when the "who" is very likely outside the target demographic -- is meaningless.

The BS, by the way, was the unfounded attack on President Kelley, a hobby for which some around here have an unnatural hard-on.

Yes, in regards to Twin Cities advertising, I don't think expenditures will tell the whole story. As I mentioned, strategy/placement is a critical additional factor. I think NDSU outdid UND with this during the Kelley years.

7 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Can you imagine if someone goes to the Twin Cities now and happens to see less billboards than they did now during the Kelley years! #billboardgate

14 hours ago, Cratter said:

Na Bra. People text and drive now a lot more than they use too. :whistling:

Agree, people text and talk on phone while in moving auto, including passengers. It's like they have blinders on, can't see to the sides like they would put on horses.

Image result for horse blinders

Some people even have this problem when walking.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Agree, people text and talk on phone while in moving auto, including passengers. It's like they have blinders on, can't see to the sides like they would put on horses.

Image result for horse blinders

Some people even have this problem when walking.

On 2/15/2018 at 1:39 PM, jdub27 said:

• James Dean, Ph.D., former executive vice chancellor and provost, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
  • Kelvin Droegemeier, Ph.D., vice president for research, University of Oklahoma
  • Suresh Garimella, Ph.D., executive vice president for research and partnerships, Purdue University
  • Venu Govindaraju, Ph.D., vice president for research and economic development, University of Buffalo
  • Mark Kennedy, president, University of North Dakota
  • James Weyhenmeyer, Ph.D., professor and vice president of research and economic development, Georgia State University
  • Dale Whittaker, Ph.D., provost and executive vice president, University of Central Florida
  • Matthew Wilson, JD, president, University of Akron

Garimella, Kennedy, Whittaker and Wilson are the finalists.

I would like to clarify and apologize about my post from a week or so ago. I understand that it could have came off in a certain direction and yes I realize I should have done this much sooner.

What I should have stated was that I appreciated the renewed effort of what Kennedy and the administration was doing to promote/market the University.  I didn't mean to my comment that Kennedy was better than Kelley to be tied into that point.  I didn't mean for that to be taken as a cheap shot.  

What I wanted to communicate was that I felt if Kennedy left, that he would be thought of in a better light than Kelley (I'm not including nickname in this argument, I never or rarely faulted Kelley for losing the actual Sioux name, the die was already cast so to speak on that.  The actual picking of the nickname is a different story, but that can be another argument for another day).  How much better?  You can argue some or a lot depending on your mileage.   

I'll do better in the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

What odds I would give now on Kennedy actually leaving?  I'd say... 15%

If he does leave... does that mean DiLorenzo gets the interim this time?  How about Round 2 of Schafer? 

Can  UND afford another round of Smilin' Eddie?