President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

20 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Why did you put quotes around "better?"

UCF Average ACT: 28.
UND Average ACT: 23

UCF President Salary: $506K.
UND President Salary: $365K

The president of UCF has better performing students, a higher profile school, gets to live in warm weather which older folks love, etc.

Tough to blame a guy for expressing an interest in that.   

Larger definitely, better performing is a stretch, as someone who has worked in a university setting I can tell you that really about the only ACT, SAT and GRE scores will tell you, in the long run, is how well students take standardized tests. I have seen plenty of the students that you classify as poorer performing, go on to thrive and graduate with honors, and likewise, I have seen plenty of "higher" performing students that crash and burn or graduate with middling grades. The reality is that the people who love standardized tests are admissions officers who have the herculean task of deciding who gets admitted to the university each year, and standardized test scores are a good way to cut out big swaths of applicants and discourage some from even applying.

I can't argue with you on higher profile or weather though. But saying its better school based on act scores just shows how many applicants that school needs to cut back on.

9 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Larger definitely, better performing is a stretch, as someone who has worked in a university setting I can tell you that really about the only ACT, SAT and GRE scores will tell you, in the long run, is how well students take standardized tests. I have seen plenty of the students that you classify as poorer performing, go on to thrive and graduate with honors, and likewise, I have seen plenty of "higher" performing students that crash and burn or graduate with middling grades. The reality is that the people who love standardized tests are admissions officers who have the herculean task of deciding who gets admitted to the university each year, and standardized test scores are a good way to cut out big swaths of applicants and discourage some from even applying.

I can't argue with you on higher profile or weather though. But saying its better school based on act scores just shows how many applicants that school needs to cut back on.

Ok, so toss out the ACT argument because a few examples you know have succeeded.

USNews still ranks UCF as a "better" university.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Um, $85,000,000.00 in misappropriated UCF / State of Florida funds isn't exactly ... "Whoops". ;) 

And to think that dude did all that in just 8 months. 

The governmental administrator attitude, spend it all before the legislature becomes aware of funds not needed.
So what would P. Kennedy have done if he were the P at UCF?

160226_kennedy_011a.jpg

41 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The governmental administrator attitude, spend it all before the legislature becomes aware of funds not needed.
So what would P. Kennedy have done if he were the P at UCF?

He'd probably get board and legislative permission for new building projects, as he's trying to do in ND.