SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

Kennedy: 20 months on the job and being sought by headhunters for larger universities. 

Jacobs: Another year at the GF Herald. Been there since last century I believe. Did the NY Times, or even just the KC Star, call him? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Jacobs: Another year at the GF Herald. Been there since last century I believe. Did the NY Times, or even just the KC Star, call him? 

I'm sure he could have worked at more high profile newspaper if he wanted too.

He loves North Dakota and had with a pretty distinguished career.

Oh yeah and he's a multimillionaire.

The old Sicatoka use to talk about arguing the points and not the author. One his his favorite phrases was: ad hominem.

8 hours ago, Cratter said:

The old Sicatoka use to talk about arguing the points and not the author. One his his favorite phrases was: ad hominem.

Mr. Jacobs went after Mr. Kennedy's career and professional decisions.
I merely followed Mr. Jacobs' lead in questioning Jacobs' career and asked some follow up questions. 

I did not personally attack Mr. Jacobs, the man or his character. That would be ad hominem. 

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

It was so nice of Mr. Jacobs to be so critical of Mr. Kennedy for responding to a head hunter. 

Actually, shame on Mr. Kennedy for being so competent that he's garnering outside interest in his president capabilities in just 20 months. 

That depends. ---     How many presidents across the country refused to participate for the Central Florida U job before president Kennedy jumped. 

Also worthy of note, one president pursuing that presidential job is no longer a president.

20 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Also worthy of note, one president pursuing that presidential job is no longer a president.

Watch that president's UCF interview and compare it to Kennedy's. 2 completely different scenarios, as that president made it very clear he disliked living in the midwest and wanted out. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Cratter said:

Kennedy had lost the support of much of the campus before he applied for the Florida job...

Not real uncommon for there to be some displeasure when there is a management change at any company.  People hate change by nature. 

These same people were likely not happy since Kelly left.  What is different here is these employees feel it’s best to air their heartburn in the local paper.  

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/4433335-letter-correcting-clarifying-column-about-und 

boom_goes_the_dynamite_square_stickers-r

PS - I'd be really sad to see Hesham leave CEM; he's been a great and effective leader. But, I can't begrudge a person looking to advance their career. No, wait, I said the same about Kennedy ... 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/4433335-letter-correcting-clarifying-column-about-und 

PS - I'd be really sad to see Hesham leave CEM; he's been a great and effective leader. But, I can't begrudge a person looking to advance their career. No, wait, I said the same about Kennedy ... 

Hesham  should be UNDs provost. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/19/2018 at 9:02 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I've personally worked with Hesham and can say he is one of the brightest, most pleasant people to have in one's presence. This would be a big blow to our campus.

One question that I'm taking away, though, is why Peter Johnson can't UNofficially leave his post. He was the Sean Spicer of UND. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well at least the Herald finally put their grudge out into the open. At least the bias they have in their articles going forward will be able to be pointed out and expect the majority of the coverage going forward to reflect this negative stance.

Turning to other topics, but sticking to the subject of UND, here's a brief excerpt from this column published on March 15, 2016. The headline was "Assessing the field in UND's presidential race."

"There might be an issue of arrogance. ... Kennedy used the honorable in his title. As a former member of Congress, he's entitled, but it felt a little fancy. Both board and legislators are leery of egoism. That's what derailed a former chancellor and a former NDSU president. ..."

By now, it's clear that Kennedy's arrogance has derailed his own presidency and now threatens UND. Kris Engelstad McCarry's interview with the Herald last week is more evidence of that. Sure, she's had issues with previous presidents about handling of her family's extraordinary generosity to UND, but this is the first time she's felt the need to raise the issue publicly.

The university system office responded to her unhappiness by saying that it's an issue between her and UND, but the Board of Higher Education can't ignore the damage Kennedy's arrogance has done, not least among legislators. Ducking the issue will discredit the board — just when that governance of the system is under intense scrutiny.

Shame on him for taking a stance on buildings that fell into nearly $10 million in disrepair under previous administrations' watch.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Well at least the Herald finally put their grudge out into the open. At least the bias they have in their articles going forward will be able to be pointed out and expect the majority of the coverage going forward to reflect this negative stance.

Shame on him for taking a stance on buildings that fell into nearly $10 million in disrepair under previous administrations' watch.

One also needs to understand the context that MJ has never thought highly of folks of MRK's ideological background. I'll leave it that. 

1 minute ago, Teeder11 said:

One also needs to understand the context that MJ has never thought highly of folks of MRK's ideological background. I'll leave it that. 

I assumed that was a given, but yes, it plays into it. But much easier to do when you can hide behind calling him "arrogant".