SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

On March 13, 2018 at 7:08 PM, Teeder11 said:

Holy melodrama, Batman!  Step away from the cliff. 

TheFlop  says grab some more Kool-aid as the decimation of UND will now resume. What were President Kennedy's odds to get the UCF job? Pretty low I'd. guess. 

With the Ralph holding a celebration for the Lamoureux  twins it was a great time for him to leave town. Why didn't Kennedy want to be there to honor GF's UND's and America's heroes? Dumb question.

You can understand why Kennedy was telling his superiors get me the heck out of here. I cut what you tell me. Help me out on this. So they came through and got him the intverview  at UCF. Let the decimation continue.

1 hour ago, moser53 said:

TheFlop  says grab some more Kool-aid as the decimation of UND will now resume. What were President Kennedy's odds to get the UCF job? Pretty low I'd. guess. 

With the Ralph holding a celebration for the Lamoureux  twins it was a great time for him to leave town. Why didn't Kennedy want to be there to honor GF's UND's and America's heroes? Dumb question.

You can understand why Kennedy was telling his superiors get me the heck out of here. I cut what you tell me. Help me out on this. So they came through and got him the intverview  at UCF. Let the decimation continue.

Well he did send them a tweet so there is that.  

Do you seriously believe this?  

He could of just been out of town and unavailable for comment and than everyone who dislikes the shake up and cutting going on would have felt like old times.  

13 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

can we stop with the "local heros" narrative?  It was a hockey game.  Talk about over the top...

Since there are only two real women's Olympic hockey teams there are only two places, first place and last place.  Congrats for pulling 1 out of the last 3 out.

Amazing how people are buying into whatever Kennedy says.  No matter who he cuts....what he cuts....what crony he turns around and gives the money too....how often he seems to be gone.....and even him clearly already looking for other jobs.....all he has to do is announce that "this is actually a good thing" and the public buys it.  

Although budget cuts have stabilized, UND is still losing some of their best professors via attrition as we speak because of Kennedy.  The type of professors you just don't get back overnight. 

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Name them. And their department. And why they are integral to the university.

I'd also like to hear who these "super professors" are.

The loss of support staff and consolidation/elimination of certain areas has hurt UND more than anything.  These are the people that help an organization run smoothly.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, moser53 said:

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Since there are only two real women's Olympic hockey teams there are only two places, first place and last place.  Congrats for pulling 1 out of the last 3 out.

Amazing how people are buying into whatever Kennedy says.  No matter who he cuts....what he cuts....what crony he turns around and gives the money too....how often he seems to be gone.....and even him clearly already looking for other jobs.....all he has to do is announce that "this is actually a good thing" and the public buys it.  

Although budget cuts have stabilized, UND is still losing some of their best professors via attrition as we speak because of Kennedy.  The type of professors you just don't get back overnight. 

Incredible...

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Name them. And their department. And why they are integral to the university.

Law school, aviation, psychology........do your own research.  There is more to UND than figuring out if the football team will finish .500 this year with a true freshman or a juco transfer as 3rd string free safety. 

5 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Law school, aviation, psychology........do your own research.  There is more to UND than figuring out if the football team will finish .500 this year with a true freshman or a juco transfer as 3rd string free safety. 

Nah. you brought it up.

Who is leaving because of Kennedy from the Law School? Who is leaving because of Kennedy from the Aviation department? Who is leaving because of Kennedy from the Psychology department?

Thanks is advance.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Just curious...pretend you are the president of UND and Gov Burgum tells you to cut your budget( after Gov Dalrymple did the same thing). What do you cut academics or athletics? 

14 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

I'm with petey on this. You make claims that you can apparently substantiate so you are now being asked to do so. Should be pretty easy to do since you already know who they are and why they are so important. After you name them and describe why they are so important to the success of the university I will check. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Just curious...pretend you are the president of UND and Gov Burgum tells you to cut your budget( after Gov Dalrymple did the same thing). What do you cut academics or athletics? 

You cut both plus more.

With cuts this severe, there's bound to have been good programs cut partially or completely and some that were not too desirable, but a lot of that opinion is in the eyes of the beholder. It had to be done, and those that had to leave UND were most likely disappointed. Somebody had to make these decisions and now we move forward.

I just hope the U doesn't sell Ray Richards, it's so easy to do in times like this.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Seems your username is also a great description of this post.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

What is the enrollment for UND & NDSU this semester?

If you include just full time students,

NDSU: 11,768

UND: 10,275

with part timers added in UND has about 50 more than NDSU.

NDSU had nearly 700 more beginning full time freshman than UND this year.

I think UND use to be the larger school by 1,500- 2,000 or so students "back in the day"?

Two items...1)quality over quantity....UND increased it's entrance /academic standards recently...NDSU  did jot

2)Herald will not give up....what a 'backhanded' endorsement of Kennedy this morning.   Example of 'yellow journalism' at its best....

Gve it a rest, Herald management and staff...cuts were due to the ineptness of  ND legislature...not just for education, but all areas...(driven on rural roads lately?) legislative process forced UND's hand....how many wasted dollars did the legislature waste in the futile attempt to salvage nickname and logo....legislators and Governors trip to NCAA headquarters amongst many other wasted efforts.......How come ILLINI and Seminoles kept their name.? They went to NA Nations and asked 'what can we do to keep name?'...not try to force it on them....like the ND legislature did...

Point fingers at those deserving....

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, John W. said:

Two items...1)quality over quantity....UND increased it's entrance /academic standards recently...NDSU  did jot

2)Herald will not give up....what a 'backhanded' endorsement of Kennedy this morning.   Example of 'yellow journalism' at its best....

Gve it a rest, Herald management and staff...cuts were due to the ineptness of  ND legislature...not just for education, but all areas...(driven on rural roads lately?) legislative process forced UND's hand....how many wasted dollars did the legislature waste in the futile attempt to salvage nickname and logo....legislators and Governors trip to NCAA headquarters amongst many other wasted efforts.......How come ILLINI and Seminoles kept their name.? They went to NA Nations and asked 'what can we do to keep name?'...not try to force it on them....like the ND legislature did...

Point fingers at those deserving....

Amen

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Cratter said:

If you include just full time students,

NDSU: 11,768

UND: 10,275

with part timers added in UND has about 50 more than NDSU.

NDSU had nearly 700 more beginning full time freshman than UND this year.

I think UND use to be the larger school by 1,500- 2,000 or so students "back in the day"?

700 more how long b4 its SU 20000 UND 9000? To the victor goes the spoils.They have all the power control the state and are going for it. 

There isn't another college sports fan forum in the country like this one. This one is the Twilight Zone.

1 minute ago, moser53 said:

700 more how long b4 its SU 20000 UND 9000? To the victor goes the spoils.They have all the power control the state and are going for it. 

There isn't another college sports fan forum in the country like this one. This one is the Twilight Zone.

You should do something productive about it.

• Upvote 2