SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS. c.c. SATURDAY GAMEDAY THREAD

iluvdebbies

17 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Just Win .......Damn It !

I'd stick with Thome

How do you not stick with Thome right now?  As we saw on Friday, the fans are not the only ones concerned about Cam's soft goals.  Maybe Thome is the better goalie and maybe he isn't but he sure is the hotter of the two...  Add to the fact that when Thome starts we see a better overall team in front of him for whatever reason.   I think we will really find out what this team is made out of in Omaha.  Just win!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

Foolish talk. I played goaltender and Thome has rebound control problems and positional issues. He's all over the place. There is a reason Cam gets the call most nights.

Good point.  I noticed it Saturday night too.  Bad bad rebounds.  However he hasn’t played much recently. But you’re right.  The thing is though, the team played with a great sense of urgency when he was in there.  Not sure how long it can last but Bubs may want to keep it going another game.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

Foolish talk. I played goaltender and Thome has rebound control problems and positional issues. He's all over the place. There is a reason Cam gets the call most nights.

Me too.  Team playing better with Thome.  I'm not a Cam hater, it's just the way it is right now. 

• Upvote 1

Goaltender dilemma..........

1) Proven Natty winning goalie that isn't play particularly well with a team in front of him that can't score and has effort/consistency issues.

2) Unproven night in and night out goalie who from the eyeball test has a few obvious flaws but the team in front of him plays better/harder and scores the puck.

Right now you go with option #2.

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

1) Proven Natty winning goalie that isn't play particularly well with a team in front of him that can't score and has effort/consistency issues.

2) Unproven night in and night out goalie who from the eyeball test has a few obvious flaws but the team in front of him plays better/harder and scores the puck.

Well, Thome did just beat the defending Stanley Cup champion Colorado College Tigers on Saturday night, so, yea...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That is pretty much exactly the situation.  Cam is a better goalie, but with the softies and struggles he has had this year you almost force the head coach's hand.

Cam will very likely get another shot, but IMHO it's Thome's net until he loses it.  

46 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That is pretty much exactly the situation.  Cam is a better goalie, but with the softies and struggles he has had this year you almost force the head coach's hand.

Cam will very likely get another shot, but IMHO it's Thome's net until he loses it.  

Unfortunately,  we can't have either goalie lose the net in the next four games.  A loss is too costly in pairwise,  especially at Miami.

On the offensive side,  we need Mismash to play with heart and grit (like Zach Parise), top line to produce like Sat night and for Gardner to stay out of the damn penalty box.  We need the freshman class to contribute offensively and MM is best equipped to do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Friday was so ugly I did not watch on Saturday. I am superstitious enough that maybe I will not watch this Friday in the hopes the boys get the W in Omaha. 

There were a significant number of season ticket holder and upper level student seats empty on Saturday night.

1 minute ago, sprig said:

There were a significant number of season ticket holder and upper level student seats empty on Saturday night.

Was there something else going on in Grand Forks? I mean, I understand the frustration, but you already bought the tickets. Might as well go haha.

Any season ticket holders out there giving there's away after Friday's debacle?? I know someone who'll take em off your hands!

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Was there something else going on in Grand Forks? I mean, I understand the frustration, but you already bought the tickets. Might as well go haha.

Any season ticket holders out there giving there's away after Friday's debacle?? I know someone who'll take em off your hands!

There have been quite a few games where my wife has been the one to bring up heading over from Bemidji and I picture a pathetic effort and the late 2 hr drive back and opt for nchc tv.

1 minute ago, franchise said:

There have been quite a few games where my wife has been the one to bring up heading over from Bemidji and I picture a pathetic effort and the late 2 hr drive back and opt for nchc tv.

I get it, but I just can't imagine myself not using the tickets I already bought. You living in Bemidji changes things, too.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I get it, but I just can't imagine myself not using the tickets I already bought. You living in Bemidji changes things, too.

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  There has been times we took off at like 4:30pm after finding cheap tickets and convincing ourselves that we're almost losing money by NOT going:D

• Upvote 2