SiouxSports.com Forum

Alerus Center Events

Cratter

1 hour ago, HawksHoops said:

Got four tickets and can't wait to see Metallica!  Well worth it since there is no travel or hotel room required for once.  Really happy with the efforts by new Alerus management. 

Agree with this as well.  Going to see them, or any concert in the Cities or elsewhere increases costs due to travel.  I’m ok with the price points for this caliber of performer.  Presale ticket sales seem to be going well also.

I bought two tix, didn’t know you could by more since it said on their site that you could only by two tix.  Didn’t want to risk having them canceled.  Of course, maybe you purchased tix on two different credit cards.

1 minute ago, dmksioux said:

Agree with this as well.  Going to see them, or any concert in the Cities or elsewhere increases costs due to travel.  I’m ok with the price points for this caliber of performer.  Presale ticket sales seem to be going well also.

I bought two tix, didn’t know you could by more since it said on their site that you could only by two tix.  Didn’t want to risk having them canceled.  Of course, maybe you purchased tix on two different credit cards.

For future reference, I tried this for Louis CK at the Target Center.  A group of 6 of us were going, but there was a limit of four tickets.  I made one purchase of four on one card, and one of two on the other.  A few days later I got an email saying the set of two had been cancelled.  I assumed the system would have stopped me, but nope.  Luckily it turned out the other two ended up not being able to go, but I was still pretty pissed.

13 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I don't know. This is Grand Forks, and $132 for the lion's share of the arena -- with only six rows at the top of $62 -- may be a little optimistic. Especially with shows in MPLS, SF, and WPG.

Hope I'm wrong, but time will tell. I will not be surprised if there are sales promotions or gimmicks (or giveaways) come summertime. 

50 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I don't know. This is Grand Forks, and $132 for the lion's share of the arena -- with only six rows at the top of $62 -- may be a little optimistic. Especially with shows in MPLS, SF, and WPG.

Hope I'm wrong, but time will tell. I will not be surprised if there are sales promotions or gimmicks (or giveaways) come summertime. 

May end up happening.  All the other shows are during the work week.  GF is the only weekend show in the region.  Plus Minneapolis and Winnipeg will definitely sell out so I would suspect there will be fans from those markets willing to drive to GF on a Saturday to see the show.  Not sure if it will sell out or not, but I would suspect there will be 15,000+ for this show.

1 hour ago, George M. Bluth said:

For future reference, I tried this for Louis CK at the Target Center.  A group of 6 of us were going, but there was a limit of four tickets.  I made one purchase of four on one card, and one of two on the other.  A few days later I got an email saying the set of two had been cancelled.  I assumed the system would have stopped me, but nope.  Luckily it turned out the other two ended up not being able to go, but I was still pretty pissed.

That is good to know.  I thought about buying two more tix on a different credit card for a friend but decided not to.  Didn’t want to risk having my two tix canceled.

3 hours ago, dmksioux said:

I bought on the Spotify presale.  I think the two ticket limit was only for the fan club presale, but I could be wrong.  I guess if they cancel my order, I would have to find another option.

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Agree with this.  I think that's a heavy saturation in our area.  The weekend slot should help and we may get some traveling to GF if the smaller venues all sell out.

While the prices may seem high, if we want big acts to come to town, we probably have to pay the price.

• Upvote 1

On Thursday, March 01, 2018 at 9:26 AM, HawksHoops said:

Got four tickets and can't wait to see Metallica!  Well worth it since there is no travel or hotel room required for once.  Really happy with the efforts by new Alerus management.

got 2 on the floor with VIP early enter.  gonna be an AWESOME show!

On Thursday, March 01, 2018 at 2:17 PM, HawksHoops said:

Agree with this.  I think that's a heavy saturation in our area.  The weekend slot should help and we may get some traveling to GF if the smaller venues all sell out.

While the prices may seem high, if we want big acts to come to town, we probably have to pay the price.

prices may be a little high, but other big time groups are as high, if not higher.  now compared to the $12.50 price in 1989, yeah its a little high.  lol!

Talked to someone that works at a popular Hotel in town. They said they sold out all their rooms within hours of the concert announcement. And are still getting calls. Sounds like most if not all the hotel rooms are already sold out for that day (or at least the ones within walking distance to the Alerus).

Just booked a GF hotel online, so decided to check the room availability for Friday, Sept 7 - Sunday, Sept 9 (Metallica concert is Saturday, Sept 8.)

On Booking.com (one of the main sites directed from Google Hotel searches) there is only 7 hotels listed with rooms available...and of those seven hotels they say they only have about 5-6 room left on average per hotel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fun show at the Fritz last night with Foreigner.  I know there’s only one original member still with the group, but they sounded really good with the orchestra helping out.  Seemed to be good attendance with about 2/3 of the seats sold from my guesstimate.

As a tie in, there’s an article in the Herald that mentions the Alerus is projected to turn a profit this year.  Spectra, who took over managing the Al, is doing some good things.  Hopefully that trend continues.  They did quite a bit of advertising for the Foreigner show which was a bit surprising.   Does anyone know what the relationship is between Spectra and the Chester Fritz?

Here’s the article on The Al: http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/4426683-after-deficit-year-alerus-center-poised-make-profit

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Puddle of Mudd and Saliva on the same stage...should have been called the "Bring a Mop Tour."

Did you hear Nickelback and 50 Cent were going on tour together?

It's going to be called the 45¢ Tour! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1