SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. denver - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I understand that it affects the standings...what i can't stand is the bush-league gimmick of anything other than 5 x 5 OT.  

The NCAA needs to implement 4 x 4, 10 minute OT for all conferences. Then we can get rid of the shootouts, 3 x 3 gimmicks and whatever else there is.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

4 x 4 would result in fewer ties. And it is not nearly as gimmicky as 3 x 3 or the infernal shootout.

5 x 5 would encourage coaches to trap and play for the tie. That is much harder to do with 4 x 4.

Well, if playing the trap is the issue, why haven't we just all built Olympic-sized arenas?  :glare:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Totally different issue. But nice try.

The argument all along has been there there's too much ice, but then we complain about lack of scoring.  I actually prefer the bigger ice sheets and more space.  Today's players are much bigger, stronger, and faster than those of 25, 50, and 75 years ago.  

Just now, MafiaMan said:

The argument all along has been there there's too much ice, but then we complain about lack of scoring.  I actually prefer the bigger ice sheets and more space.  Today's players are much bigger, stronger, and faster than those of 25, 50, and 75 years ago.  

The idea of OT is to determine a definite winner and cut down on the number of ties. Going 4 x 4 for 10 minutes would accomplish both goals a lot better than the current setup.

Strip out Cam's stats the year he had 3 NHL defensemen in front of him.....and he's performing at a normal clip....which makes him a decent goalie.  For those criticizing Thome's play at Denver, remember, if Cam was judged by the 1st couple games he ever played he wouldn't even be on the team....and he wasn't thrown into the fire like Thome was.  Should be a rotation.

8 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Strip out Cam's stats the year he had 3 NHL defensemen in front of him.....and he's performing at a normal clip....which makes him a decent goalie.  For those criticizing Thome's play at Denver, remember, if Cam was judged by the 1st couple games he ever played he wouldn't even be on the team....and he wasn't thrown into the fire like Thome was.  Should be a rotation.

Merely pointing out Thome's weaknesses vs Cam's right now as we want the best goalie for us at the time, no? 

We are #12 in the PWR and don't have time for a goalie learning on the fly right now. I think until Cam has a bad game(by Berry's standards, not SS msg board avatars), you keep playing him. 

• Upvote 1