SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I think I've watched 5-6 DU games on TV this year.
I'm pretty sure that Plant has gotten injured (to the point of having to leave the game) in every single game I've watched.

Is that possible?
If he's having that many issues, Monty needs to keep him out of the lineup until he's actually fully recovered.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Terrible officiating that has to be a trip but we all know how the refs love Denver. I'll take a point but I really think we should've had more.

Really played pretty well at times tonight but a few big things that were key to shutting down Denver through the first half of the game really trailed off as the game went on. One was getting the puck out of the zone when you have the chance as well as getting the puck deep when you have the chance to limit Denver's transition game. Another was limiting Denver's time and space which was really well done the first half of the game but the 3rd period you really noticed a lot more standing and reaching with sticks instead of players in Denver guys faces.

Plant better not play tomorrow either if he is so injured. Seems like Plant is always in these situations and I've seen him really sell a hit before and be back playing a key role the next night so we will see how hurt he really is. I didn't get a good look of the hit but I didn't think it looked too bad.

How, exactly, did plante put himself in a bad position?  This has to be one of the bigger homer posts I’ve seen in awhile.  Obviously plant isn’t playing tomorrow. Did it appear he was faking that? Bad hit.  I’d guess smith is suspended.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

How, exactly, did plante put himself in a bad position?  This has to be one of the bigger homer posts I’ve seen in awhile.  Obviously plant isn’t playing tomorrow. Did it appear he was faking that? Bad hit.  I’d guess smith is suspended.

When it happens everytime I see Denver play I start to question the guy. I didn't get a good look at the hit tonight but he sure sold it last time when we played in Denver and got the major call on Smith when it shouldn't have even been a penalty that time.

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

It was contact to the head.  His head snapped back.  5 was an easy and obvious call.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

When it happens everytime I see Denver play I start to question the guy. I didn't get a good look at the hit tonight but he sure sold it last time when we played in Denver and got the major call on Smith when it shouldn't have even been a penalty that time.

Kids always hurt.  But if he faked all the wobbling he’d deserve an Oscar.  Smith elbowed him in the head...actually reached to hit him too. 

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Kids always hurt.  But if he faked all the wobbling he’d deserve an Oscar.  Smith elbowed him in the head...actually reached to hit him too. 

There was a game against, I want to say WMU at home, he had to be helped off the ice clearly concussed then came back later in the game.

Just now, ChrisUND1 said:

Seemed like Gersich spun, some incidental contact.  Hard to call a penalty on that, especially in OT.

Biggest thing is Gersich spins but is still balanced and isn't going down or losing an edge at all until the Denver guy clips Gersich. The play directly leads to a scoring chance and should've been called. They already showed they were willing to call penalties in OT if it takes away a scoring chance on the Gersich penalty so you would think they'd do the same if a potential helped develop a scoring chance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, cberkas said:

There was a game against, I want to say WMU at home, he had to be helped off the ice clearly concussed then came back later in the game.

I think we’re getting away from the point.  Smith was getting beat, he then stuck out his knee (missed) and reached with his elbow to make contact directly to the kids head.  Up 2-1.  What is the thought process there?  Smith lost the game.  We were doing fine up until that point.

• Upvote 1

I know we have some injuries, but this team has the least skill with the puck of any Sioux team I can remember.  Berry better figure out and right quick that high end talent can have grit and good team culture too.  Hell, send Shaw out recruiting right now, the special teams couldn't be any worse if they just spitballed it.  

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

I think we’re getting away from the point.  Smith was getting beat, he then stuck out his knee (missed) and reached with his elbow to make contact directly to the kids head.  Up 2-1.  What is the thought process there?  Smith lost the game.  We were doing fine up until that point.

Smiths hit was a 5 and he got what he deserved.