SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

not even close....completely different rule.

And I don't think the college game needs that rule, either.  

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw somebody shoot the puck into the crowd because they couldn't get the puck cleared.

If anything I'd like to see a delay of game penalty when somebody falls on the puck and doesn't try to get up or otherwise free up the puck.

1 minute ago, franchise said:

Starting to feel like they'll need to just hang on. Nobody to go bury one and get a little breathing room

Two different teams in two different periods.

Go figure. Just when you think............

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cberkas said:

No, in the NHL if you shoot the puck out of play from the defensive end its a penalty. Olsen shot the puck out the other end from his end, that can be called in the NCAA and should be.

Wrong.....in the NHL its automatic delay of game if its shot out of play from the defensive zone....except where there isn't glass. In college it has to be deemed deliberate. I don't think any official would think that Olson deliberately shot the puck out of play 150 ft from his own zone. The penalty in this case is a defensive zone faceoff and his team wasn't allowed to change lines.

• Downvote 1

Just now, iluvdebbies said:

Wrong.....in the NHL its automatic delay of game if its shot out of play from the defensive zone....except where there isn't glass. In college it has to be deemed deliberate. I don't think any official would think that Olson deliberately shot the puck out of play 150 ft from his own zone. The penalty in this case is a defensive zone faceoff and his team wasn't allowed to change lines.

Olsen cleared the glass easily from his own end. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Yet, college hockey can call that a penalty.

If its deemed deliberate....like I said no college official is going to think a  defensive player is deliberately shooting a puck over the glass 150 ft away. In the NHL that would be an automatic delay of game penalty, no matter of the intent.