SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

31 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I know right, he let Gambrell top bar goal in and folks were bashing him last night, haha. 

Seriously? That was so soft. Bad angle. No screen. In position. Whiff............

To his credit he made some huge saves and played well overall but that goal is on him.

.....and we can agree to disagree cause I'm right! ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iluvdebbies said:

It was a rocket of a shot....but I guarantee you Cam would say he should of had it. But if you go back and watch the replay, the defensive zone coverage  was horrible. Watch the forwards on the play. That will be the focus when the team watches film today.

Add it to the failed clear list

An average goalie night not be expected to stop those shots.  A senior goaltender who is supposedly so good should stop those.  Once again, things have been alot different for him when Ladue, Stecher, and Tucker Poolman aren't in front of him.  The team last night scrapped enough (and actually had the puck luck for once) where Cam needed to step up and make those saves.  Thome time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Having watched the past 2 weekends UND is is nowhere near the skill level of either UMD or DU. UND better hope they don't get UMD first round of playoffs. 

As strange as it sounds, best case for this team is to hold on to 5th and hope Western Michigan falls to 4th so they can avoid a 1st round road trip to Duluth.

1 minute ago, 1972 said:

The goal that bugged me the most was the third goal.  Straight up in the slot, no screen, right by the glove....not a good look

1st, 3rd, and Final goal were all good shots.  Not routine saves by any means, but a good goalie needs to save a couple of those......especially taking into account that he wasn't exactly facing a 40 shot onslaught last night.  There are probably a hundred former goalies on the UND campus that can stop the easy routine ones.  The starting goaltender for UND should be able to stop some of the tough ones, or at least be able to stop shots above his waist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

1st, 3rd, and Final goal were all good shots.  Not routine saves by any means, but a good goalie needs to save a couple of those......especially taking into account that he wasn't exactly facing a 40 shot onslaught last night.  There are probably a hundred former goalies on the UND campus that can stop the easy routine ones.  The starting goaltender for UND should be able to stop some of the tough ones, or at least be able to stop shots above his waist.

Agree 100%. Cams glove side this year is just awful, and the word is definitely out to shoot glove on him.  Need to change it up. Not sure if thome is the answer, or not, but something has to change and soon

At this point I wouldn't mind seeing a Thome/Cam rotation until the team gets on a roll with one or the other. But on the third goal its again  more than just on Cam. Watch what happens just before that goal. First Pogo fails to bury a point blank shot at the top of the crease at one end.....then watch his lack of effort defending Terry at the other end, right before 19 scores the third goal.

43 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Didn't watch a majority of the game.  How did Gersich-Adams-Mismash look?

Considering who was available to play and the combos sent out there.....decent. Adams was very solid. Mismash had his typical up and down game......looked good early then vanished. Gersich was noticable.....good and bad.

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

As strange as it sounds, best case for this team is to hold on to 5th and hope Western Michigan falls to 4th so they can avoid a 1st round road trip to Duluth.

This.......UND wants no part of UMD 

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

With the way Duluth is playing at the moment, I’m not sure they stay in 4th to be honest. I see Western and SCSU tailing off more than anything. SCSU has 2 wins since Christmas break. 

Ummmmmmmmmmm...............

46 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

With the way Duluth is playing at the moment, I’m not sure they stay in 4th to be honest. I see Western and SCSU tailing off more than anything. SCSU has 2 wins since Christmas break. 

I don't see UND passing the team currently with the best conference winning percentage (SCSU).

• Like 1

I didn’t see last night’s game but reading many of the posts here, I get the impression the sentiment of the group is that last night’s tie against the first place team felt more like a loss rather than a tie. Also, does tying DU help us in the PWR or is it a wash?