SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Kind of like how late the coaching staff is making the needed change in goal.  

No argument here!  It's Thome's job as far as I'm concerned.  If we had the bodies,  I wouldn't mind seeing Wolanin watch a few games from the bleachers as well.  Brutal doesn't even do his game justice since Christmas break.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Except that he's a defenseman.  And as of late, a liability at his position.

Maybe they should move him up front for a while.  Except then who would you replace him with on D?

It is a double edged sword to push the D man up aggressively into the attack.  The other D-man should cover.  I see more issue with either simply being dispossessed in the defensive end, or stupid cross ice passes in the defensive end getting picked off.

49 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Maybe they should move him up front for a while.  Except then who would you replace him with on D?

It is a double edged sword to push the D man up aggressively into the attack.  The other D-man should cover.  I see more issue with either simply being dispossessed in the defensive end, or stupid cross ice passes in the defensive end getting picked off.

Anybody. His offensive numbers are fine but hes been an absolute liability on the backend.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

When it happens everytime I see Denver play I start to question the guy. I didn't get a good look at the hit tonight but he sure sold it last time when we played in Denver and got the major call on Smith when it shouldn't have even been a penalty that time.

Smith put his elbow out. It was a cheap shot, intentional or not.

5 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Just saw the replay of Smiths hit. Not a chance he plays tomorrow. Completely garbage hit.

IMO the league has to suspend him tonight and then Berry needs to do the right thing and sits him for the Friday CC game as well. Watching it on replay.....just reckless and pathetic! 

• Upvote 1

I know Berry was dealt a tough lineup with 3 top guys out and Smith going complete goon but boy did he try and succeed in out thinking himself last night. The 2nd and 3rd periods IMO were his worst coaching since he got over as HC. 

I recant my previous statement.  I have watched the video of the hit, and it is not pretty.  In my defense, in the arena, no video replay was shown, and from where I was seated, it looked like a complete flop on plant.  That being said, if plant gets hurt that often, and that quickly, he may need to think about retirement from hockey.  That many concussions is not good

# 10 single handedly killed numerous odd man rushs for his own team , someone brought up lack of puck skills and he should be the poster boy, one that sticks out is a three one one and he passes it behind the streaking player to kill it, great penalty killer and energy guy but not a top three center.

31 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

# 10 single handedly killed numerous odd man rushs for his own team , someone brought up lack of puck skills and he should be the poster boy, one that sticks out is a three one one and he passes it behind the streaking player to kill it, great penalty killer and energy guy but not a top three center.

#glassandout

This team needs a bye week like I need my kids not to wake me up at 5:30 on a Saturday.  Gotta get some guys back and healthy.

Just watched the Smith play and it was dirty.  I’m a Smith fan, but there is no place for that kind of play....ever.......at least a one game suspension, and I wouldn’t mind if Berry added on to it.  Killed any chance the team had to win that game IMHO.

At the same point that let’s go DU blogger moron doesn’t get to take the high road EVER after I watched one of their goons break a guys neck from behind years ago, in easily the cheapest thing I’ve ever seen in college hockey.  And as far as Monty yelling “same bleeping guy” that’s as unclassy as it gets.  The last time his kid was too injured to play and ran into Smith....then hobbled off because he shouldn’t have been on the ice to begin with. 

• Upvote 1