SiouxSports.com Forum

Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot

ChrisUND1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, ScottM said:

Way to stretch those creative boundaries ... /golf clap 

Don’t forget “intimidating for sports teams but won’t scare children”. Because UND’s sports teams has been terrified of Thundar the Bison for over 20 years. Lol!!!!

This guy said he was willing to be the mascot... but he has to stay 500 feet away from children. But hey the students all seem to think UND needs a furry running around at the games, we managed to do okay with one for the last 20+ years but whatever I guess.

454a3542737e9f99e139aa127ab7ac56.thumb.jpg.bba570016fbcd562e4c107508bec8e55.jpg

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

This guy said he was willing to be the mascot... but he has to stay 500 feet away from children. But hey the students all seem to think UND needs a furry running around at the games, we managed to do okay with one for the last 20+ years but whatever I guess.

Did we really? According to many on here, UND is going to hell in a hand basket on greased skids. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Did we really? According to many on here, UND is going to hell in a hand basket on greased skids. 

From weak and dysfunctional leadership? Sure. From an overabundance of SJW snowflake students and the neo-Marxist professors that help to create them? Again I would agree with you. From a state legislature that keeps slashing the schools budget, again I would say yes. But From and not having some idiot in a fursuit running around making parents uncomfortable as their kid hugs some stranger in an animal costume? No, a lack of a costumed mascot has zero to do with the problems at UND.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

From weak and dysfunctional leadership? Sure. From an overabundance of SJW snowflake students and the neo-Marxist professors that help to create them? Again I would agree with you. From a state legislature that keeps slashing the schools budget, again I would say yes. But From and not having some idiot in a fursuit running around making parents uncomfortable as their kid hugs some stranger in an animal costume? No, a lack of a costumed mascot has zero to do with the problems at UND.

So what’s your concern, then?  Seems relatively harmless. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2018 at 8:34 AM, ArchyAlum11 said:

Funny picture but I think you're missing the point about mascots. They're fun. They boost fan participation and cheers. The Sioux logo was great but we couldn't have a mascot to go along with it and that was fine. But since we had to switch we might as well get a matching mascot and have fun with it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Funny picture but I think you're missing the point about mascots. They're fun. They boost fan participation and cheers. The Sioux logo was great but we couldn't have a mascot to go along with it and that was fine. But since we had to switch we might as well get a matching mascot and have fun with it. 

That thing looks disturbed; pretty sure it's off it's meds...I'm not letting my kid near it! :D

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, darell1976 said:

http://www.wdaz.com/sports/other/4414494-und-mascot-committee-moving-forward-bring-new-mascot-und

"It will be a hawk, and it will look similar to the logo." 

Appears I was correct with my original post in this thread about a new mascot:   A guy in all white with black eyes....yup, looks just like that fantastic logo.  Maybe add a rock for creativity.  

Image result for charlie brown halloween ghost

2 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Appears I was correct with my original post in this thread about a new mascot:   A guy in all white with black eyes....yup, looks just like that fantastic logo.  Maybe add a rock for creativity.  

Image result for charlie brown halloween ghost

Looks like a bad potato...

th?id=OIP.k-_PnBF59DrdsY8Pj2efzQHaE8&pid=15.1&P=0&w=255&h=171

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

so is Kermit the Frog too dated?

Kermit's the way to the NCAA's!!  I had that UND t-shirt growing up, late 70's...wish I had a pic of it.

Here's a little video of "the Farce", Kermit was their unofficial mascot...Cary Eades rocking classic 70's flow with moustache.

48 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Kermit's the way to the NCAA's!!  I had that UND t-shirt growing up, late 70's...wish I had a pic of it.

Here's a little video of "the Farce", Kermit was their unofficial mascot...Cary Eades rocking classic 70's flow with moustache.

love it!!  my first UND hockey experience was around 76-79, my sister got us in amongst the students right down from the farce, I was 10-12 and it was insane...