SiouxSports.com Forum

Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot

ChrisUND1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

People who complained about UND having to change the name (even knowing the consequences for doing so) are they same people that complained about the Fighting Hawks name, are the same people who will complain about the Fighting Hawks logo, and will be the the same people that complain about the new Fighting Hawks mascot.  You know what?  Nobody cares about you anymore.  Nothing will please you.  This new mascot is going to be for kids.  Not for 40 year old "adults" who complain about everything that doesn't make them happy.  

tumblr_o3amo7VcTe1tnjtx4o3_540.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

But the real question is who has more "butthurt"? The "liberals" who got the name changed? Or the people who still haven't accepted it, yet make fun of the "liberals" for being butthurt despite being quite "butthurt" themselves? 

How much butt could a butthurt hurt,  if a butthurt could hurt butt?

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Ditto.

It's the Fighting Hawks now.  That's the way it is going to be.  Let the school, the students, the community embrace it.  It doesn't mean you can't wear Fighting Sioux gear.  But, suck it up and let them enjoy the new name.   

JHC, once more about the new nickname - grow up and get over it.   I have my Sioux gear, but I'm getting sick of this BS.   It's embarrassing.

One more thing. 

I cheer for the University of North Dakota at intercollegiate sporting events.  They are now the Fighting Hawks.  It doesn't change the fact that I have cheered and will continue to cheer for the University of North Dakota. 

• Upvote 2

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Students Initiate Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot
1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Moderators, please edit the title of this thread as it causes me to chuckle every time I read the word "Spearhead" as it pertains to the old and new nickname.  

Better?

20 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Moderators, please edit the title of this thread as it causes me to chuckle every time I read the word "Spearhead" as it pertains to the old and new nickname.  

18 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Better?

I was being facetious!  That wasn't meant to be taken literally, LOL!  Change it back!  

I just found it humorous that the word "spearhead" was used after we ditched the "Fighting Sioux" nickname and logo.  Isn't that suppose to be racist or something?  

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot
43 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I was being facetious!  That wasn't meant to be taken literally, LOL!  Change it back!  

I just found it humorous that the word "spearhead" was used after we ditched the "Fighting Sioux" nickname and logo.  Isn't that suppose to be racist or something?  

I know I for one was triggered.

On 2/1/2018 at 1:46 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

People who complained about UND having to change the name (even knowing the consequences for doing so) are they same people that complained about the Fighting Hawks name, are the same people who will complain about the Fighting Hawks logo, and will be the the same people that complain about the new Fighting Hawks mascot.  You know what?  Nobody cares about you anymore.  Nothing will please you.  This new mascot is going to be for kids.  Not for 40 year old "adults" who complain about everything that doesn't make them happy.  

I disagree. For instance. I dislike thay we retired the logo. I don't dislike that we picked a new name but I dislike the name that was picked. However I've accepted both of these and can move on. The logo itself is just awful and frankly I think it's indefensible. I actually want a mascot. That was a downside to the Sioux logo.

In summary, much of the complaining is due to poor choices made by presidents and their various committees. But that doesn't mean that we are all the same or that people can't move on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

I disagree. For instance. I dislike thay we retired the logo. I don't dislike that we picked a new name but I dislike the name that was picked. However I've accepted both of these and can move on. The logo itself is just awful and frankly I think it's indefensible. I actually want a mascot. That was a downside to the Sioux logo.

In summary, much of the complaining is due to poor choices made by presidents and their various committees. But that doesn't mean that we are all the same or that people can't move on. 

Dilly-effin'-dilly!! To the pit of misery with the rest of you!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This "tilting at windmills" is pretty old school, maybe more appropriately to be directed toward those UND fans still supporting the Flickertails?

One man's "old school" is another man's well read. ;)  

On 2/3/2018 at 4:57 PM, Rebel_Sioux said: