SiouxSports.com Forum

Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot

ChrisUND1

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

1.  They said it will be on campus at games next fall.  Like I said in a previous post, I think they will reveal it at the Hopecoming football game after the students vote on a name.

2.  Head dresses?  ummm....huh?  Probably will be mascot merchandise to buy.  Looking forward to buting my F'n Hawks head cover!!

3.  It will be a student.  That is the norm around the country.  Most of the time the mascot gets a scholorship due to the number of games/events they go to.  Might actually be more than 1 mascot to accommodate multiple events and games.

4.  The mascot should be at as many UND sporting events as possible.  But expect the main ones (Football, M & W basketball, and yes.....HOCKEY!!!)

I assume we will see Mr. Hawk skating around the ice before games, between periods.  Will be pretty cool to see!

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

1.  They said it will be on campus at games next fall.  Like I said in a previous post, I think they will reveal it at the Hopecoming football game after the students vote on a name.

2.  Head dresses?  ummm....huh?  Probably will be mascot merchandise to buy.  Looking forward to buting my F'n Hawks head cover!!

3.  It will be a student.  That is the norm around the country.  Most of the time the mascot gets a scholorship due to the number of games/events they go to.  Might actually be more than 1 mascot to accommodate multiple events and games.

4.  The mascot should be at as many UND sporting events as possible.  But expect the main ones (Football, M & W basketball, and yes.....HOCKEY!!!)

Thanks for the response, will have to bring grand kids to a game to meet this Hawk, might even enjoy the visit myself!

21 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I like this and think it could actually happen.

Tommy Hawk. That's great, and a Bizon slayer at that. 

Until the NCAA decide they don’t like it because it’s to much like tomahawk,  and that would be hostile and abbusive to the Native Americans that were b*tching about the name in the first place 

1 minute ago, Emerald joker said:

Until the NCAA decide they don’t like it because it’s to much like tomahawk,  and that would be hostile and abbusive to the Native Americans that were b*tching about the name in the first place 

I'm personally hoping for PC the Gender Demi Queer Omni-sexual safe space woke hawk... I'm pretty sure that is the only thing that will satisfy the legions of snowflake students and professors that populate university campuses in larger numbers than normal society. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

How bout Tommy Hawk to appease the Siouxforever faithful?!  I realize it is the Chicago Blackhawks mascot name, but hey we stole their logo back in the day as well as their goal song.  Why stop now!!

Not to be confused with Tony Hawk. Unless this bird can skateboard.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Does it really matter??? on and on  and on.

Fighting Hawks with logo is here for the near future.

The Mascot is here for the near future, the Z version won the vote.

What will the name of the Mascot be?

Hawkey McHawkface.

Start the petition.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Chatan

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

They'll probably hire an out of state search firm to find people to wear it.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I like this and think it could actually happen.

Tommy Hawk. That's great, and a Bizon slayer at that. 

Maybe I won't have to wait 10 years to get my 2 tomahawks as a secondary logo!  Then the white bird would be a true "fighting hawk"  armed with "t-hawks"

2 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I'm personally hoping for PC the Gender Demi Queer Omni-sexual safe space woke hawk... I'm pretty sure that is the only thing that will satisfy the legions of snowflake students and professors that populate university campuses in larger numbers than normal society. 

LMAO THANK YOU!!!! 

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I've heard the name should be Loogie...As in Hawk a Loogie???  The kids will love it!!!

• Upvote 1