SiouxSports.com Forum

Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot

ChrisUND1

1 hour ago, Sundog said:

I remember those days.  Thank you for your service.

The guy pushing it for the Letterwinner's club wasn't a fan of mine. I said it was a horrible idea and looked terrible and would be an embarrassment. Fortunately most agreed with me. Our relationship grew that summer when he thought I was messing around with his girlfriend.(I wasn't;))

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I remember being terrified of the Bleacher Creature when I was a kid.

I remember when they unveiled it. It wasn’t what anyone expected but little kids eventually liked it at events. I think a mascot will be good for the little kids again, of course a certain fan base that will always be calling foul on anything related to the Fighting Hawks.

• Downvote 3

15 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I remember when they unveiled it. It wasn’t what anyone expected but little kids eventually liked it at events. I think a mascot will be good for the little kids again, of course a certain fan base that will always be calling foul on anything related to the Fighting Hawks.

It was a sorry excuse for a mascot and was rightfully ridiculed and made fun of by our own fanbase and other schools as well. Didn't someone finally steal it and burn it?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

How about a decent logo, skip the mascot. 

I have to ask, and this is with all due respect: do you really think that a new primary logo is going to be developed and used in the next...let's say 10 years?  The amount of money UND has put into the Fighting Hawks logo, name, and overall brand should answer the question.  Branding branding branding.  The logo is here to stay.  Many are moving on, some never will, but at least be a realist.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

Highly doubt this idea was "hatched" by the student senate. I'm guessing it came from higher up, then presented by the senate so as not to "ruffle as many feathers". I cry "fowl".

Came from higher ups good guess.  And the idea has to be approved by Robert Kelly.