SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Comments on HPC Phase II

fightingsioux4life

34 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I'm split.  That money will sure help us out a ton right now, but I can't help but think that this is short sighted.  

And the orange matching the track looks terrible.  Match the school colors - the place looks unfinished.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, lawkota said:

Am I reading this right - men's golf is now safe?

Is this the result of a compromise with the Richards family? 

Depends on how much UND gets for the land sales.  Negotiations have involved the family, to some extent, but mostly the group that's been privately keeping MG afloat the past 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Depends on how much UND gets for the land sales.  Negotiations have involved the family, to some extent, but mostly the group that's been privately keeping MG afloat the past 2 seasons.

How could that group get UND to commit to selling its own property to endow men's golf when UND wasn't willing to fund it 2 years ago?

21 hours ago, lawkota said:

How could that group get UND to commit to selling its own property to endow men's golf when UND wasn't willing to fund it 2 years ago?

There has been talk of a University Village for some time.  There is much more to this story than the Herald knows.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the cement walkway and more permanent-in-nature construction of the bleachers, I can understand a bit more why the cost is so high now.  Will the walkway eventually extend across the south end of the building?  I believe that was how the initial sketches had it.

• 1 month later...