SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Bulldogs - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

Tough to win when you are starting your 2nd best goalie all weekend.

Ageee. Time to move on from Cam. 

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

Tough to win when you are starting your 2nd best goalie all weekend.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your best PKer has to be your goalie. Cam probably would like one back from both nights but when you're inept on your own PP and can't defend WF Sheyenne's PP Cam isn't your biggest issue special teams wise.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dden3 said:

Additionally, there’s a guy named Blais who is available!

We have to move on from this current group. Berry kicked out with an extraordinary group that Hak put together and took the bit out of their mouth. We know by now that he can’t even begin to recognize, recruit, or coach that talent level. 

• Downvote 4

1 minute ago, dden3 said:

We have to move on from this current group. Berry kicked out with an extraordinary group that Hak put together and took the bit out of their mouth. We know by now that he can’t even begin to recognize, recruit, or coach that talent level. 

Who are you?

1 minute ago, dden3 said:

What's your hot take on the government shutdown?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Your best PKer has to be your goalie. Cam probably would like one back from both nights but when you're inept on your own PP and can't defend WF Sheyenne's PP Cam isn't your biggest issue special teams wise.

The live chat said Cam was really laboring during the TV timeouts. I’m wondering if he’s healthy at this point, but Thome is injured too, so this is where we are at. 

Also, I’m not sure about tonight but Friday night blocked shots were UMD 22, UND 6. Not good enough. 

I’m watching the DU game on tv and they have zone entries that are simply a work of art. UND seems to come through neutral ice too slowly whereas teams like Denver attack attack attack. Granted, this is against a not very good Omaha team but DU consistently has great zone entry. So glad I didn’t buy a ticket and drive all the way up to Maggot Arena to watch them get what will likely be their second consecutive shut out. 

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

When the PK was really good earlier this year we got clears most of the time on the 1st opportunity sometimes 2nd. Lately a lot of the clear attempts have looked more like passes to the other teams D man and we rarely clear on the 1st chance. Teams also are having a much easier time on entries seems like guys just aren't making good decisions on when/where to pressure in the neutral zone.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

I’m watching he DU game and they have zone entries that are simply a work of art. UND seems to come through neutral ice too slowly whereas teams like Denver attack attack attack. Granted, this is against a not very good Omaha team but DU consistently has great zone entry. So glad I didn’t buy a ticket and drive all the way up to Maggot Arena to watch them get what will likely be their second consecutive shut out. 

The beer is expensive there anyway. :whistling:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

When the PK was really good earlier this year we got clears most of the time on the 1st opportunity sometimes 2nd. Lately a lot of the clear attempts have looked more like passes to the other teams D man and we rarely clear on the 1st chance. Teams also are having a much easier team on entries seems like guys just aren't making good decisions on when/where to pressure in the neutral zone.

Maybe earlier in the season we were masking our deficiencies against lesser teams and now that we’re in the meat of conference play against some really tough competition, our deficiencies are more glaring. 

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Maybe earlier in the season we were masking our deficiencies against lesser teams and now that we’re in the meat of conference play against some really tough competition, our deficiencies are more glaring. 

Maybe, but even thinking back to Denver I know they had like 5 PP goals on the weekend but the PK was much tougher in those areas. Same with St. Cloud they usually have a very good PP and they were 1/8 on the weekend and really had trouble on entries.

8 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

When the PK was really good earlier this year we got clears most of the time on the 1st opportunity sometimes 2nd. Lately a lot of the clear attempts have looked more like passes to the other teams D man and we rarely clear on the 1st chance. Teams also are having a much easier time on entries seems like guys just aren't making good decisions on when/where to pressure in the neutral zone.

Yep. All true and has been for several weeks. No improvement shown. Gets worse every week. We mad the Bulldog PP look like it belonged to a Stanley Cup winning team. 

3 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Yep. All true and has been for several weeks. No improvement shown. Gets worse every week. We mad the Bulldog PP look like it belonged to a Stanley Cup winning team. 

Maybe and maybe not.  UMD PP is definitely not on par with a Stanley Cup team. UMD may have had a great game (they probably did, and it may continue - who knows)  No improvement shown on our part? True.

After we won it all less than two years ago and showcased our fans, our program,  and our top line who all went to the NHL I thought the number of Blue Chippers wanting to come here would increase - we had a well deserved reputation as the place to go to get NHL ready.  Now, less than two years later we get this?  What is going on with Berry ? What is his recruiting strategy?  What is the special teams strategy other than milling about?  One of the worst efforts I have seen.  And to think Minnesota Duluth thinks they own us.  I am so frustrated I it will take two more whiskeys before I go to bed.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Irish said:

After we won it all less than two years ago and showcased our fans, our program,  and our top line who all went to the NHL I thought the number of Blue Chippers wanting to come here would increase - we had a well deserved reputation as the place to go to get NHL ready.  Now, less than two years later we get this?  What is going on with Berry ? What is his recruiting strategy?  What is the special teams strategy other than milling about?  One of the worst efforts I have seen.  And to think Minnesota Duluth thinks they own us.  I am so frustrated I it will take two more whiskeys before I go to bed.

I'll drink to that.

• Upvote 2

The only current players recruited by Berry off the top of my head are Nick Jones and Jordan Kawaguchi. Jost was also Berry recruit. It’s going to take a couple years before we see Berry’s recruits on campus. A lot of next year’s freshmen are also Hakstol recruits. Hakstol never won the big game, but he got the most out of his players, our 2014 and 2015 teams did not have a lot of high end skill, but they made the Frozen Four. I think in 2 years we’ll know if recruiting has tailed off. 

• Upvote 2

Welcome to the benevolent ambivalence that is the mediocrity of Fighting Hawks hawkey...

denutered and pathetic... right where kennedy and the rest of the athletic department want.....

und will be the equivilent of mayville state 2 in 10 years if they keep getting their way 

• Downvote 7