SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Bulldogs - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Looking at the statistics so far, we don't have anyone in the top 50 in scoring nationally and in the NCHC have numbers 17 and 18 of the top 25 scorers.  Denver has 3 in the NCHC top 10.  There are 6 sophomores in the NCHC top 10 - obviously none of them ours.  We need to seriously re-think our recruiting.  We have many recruiting advantages here including the best facilities, fans, and attendance.  We have a recent National Championship and have a reputation of preparing players for the NHL.  We need to get it done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Based on Hak's past then,  I'm assuming we wouldn't be having this conversation because it's the second half and we'd be coming off a sweep in Duluth and would have our eyes on Sioux Falls. 

Well for a couple of his teams, we'd be saying 1 sweep down, 4 sweeps to go and we have a chance. ;)

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Well for a couple of his teams, we'd be saying 1 sweep down, 4 sweeps to go and we have a chance. ;)

I don't ever recall being in that dire of straights, but if we were, it obviously got accomplished.  But hey, all those fans saying they'd give up all the year in and year out success for a championship might actually get it starting this season. Again, i think this team has the ability, but I'm just not seeing the motivation or effort. 

Stretch run awaits.....

DU.....split is best case....

CC......coming off a bye week....uff.....

At Omaha.....they are bad defensively, but their Weininger is good against us.

At Miami.....split.....I think.

SCSU.....last home series that likely means playing for home ice.

@franchise has it right. 

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Hak were still running this program, 2016 would have ended much differently than it did.

Hak could definitely recruit, no question about it; the team just underachieved when it counted most.

The question here is recruiting and whether it is working properly or not.

I am feeling unsettled about it after this weekend's "performance".

How could you possibly say that?  No one knows what could have happened. That was his team. I am worried about the recruiting classes coming in next year and the year after.  Further out we have some nice prospects though.  We need to start winning some of these recruiting battles for high end kids.

39 minutes ago, franchise said:

Best case is a 5-5 finish

33 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Stretch run awaits.....

DU.....split is best case....

CC......coming off a bye week....uff.....

At Omaha.....they are bad defensively, but their Weininger is good against us.

At Miami.....split.....I think.

SCSU.....last home series that likely means playing for home ice.

@franchise has it right. 

Sounds like you two spend a lot of time reading Schloss' blog!  :lol:

• Upvote 2

After getting a two goal lead Duluth is a lucky goal then the penalties  however we had a 4x3 pp and did not score that was  the game right there if we had scored it would have been 3-0.  Is was amazing that Duluth was in the perfect spot all the time.  This team should have alarm bells going off every spot on the team was awful.  Maybe its injuries or the fact every guy has played different spots.  I hope they figure it out. 

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Everyone needs to step off the ledge and go watch one of MafiaMan’s broom ball games....that’ll take your mind off UND Hockey and make you feel better about sports! 

Talk about a tough ticket to get.....they don't just hand those out...:glare:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

How could you possibly say that?  No one knows what could have happened. That was his team. I am worried about the recruiting classes coming in next year and the year after.  Further out we have some nice prospects though.  We need to start winning some of these recruiting battles for high end kids.

Toews Oshie and the Hobey winner were his team too and he couldn't win.  Hakstol couldn't win the big one and 2016 wouldn't have been any different.

Berry is a good coach but this team is just down on talent.  You have one proven scorer at the college level (Gersich) and none of the young forwards have surprised on the upside.  Colton Poolman is an excellent D-man but the rest are a solid, but unspectacular group.  The starting goalie is an average starting goalie unless he has a D-corps in front of him loaded with NHL caliber players to make him look good.  When is the last time Cam stole a game for UND?  

• Downvote 3

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, based on the past then, I'll assume that Boston College will win another 2-3 titles in the next 4 seasons.  That's how it works, right?

Or the Patriots will play in another Super Bowl. Or the Bison will win another FCS Championship. :lol:

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Everyone needs to step off the ledge and go watch one of MafiaMan’s broom ball games....that’ll take your mind off UND Hockey and make you feel better about sports! 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Talk about a tough ticket to get.....they don't just hand those out...:glare:

Well, I don't want to brag...but I do have 9 goals in 3 games so far this year.  

• Upvote 1