SiouxSports.com Forum

Softer ticket resale market?

streetsahead

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, hky said:

spring break

Spring break is a reason for part of it. I posted last week against the Clowns (#1 in Country) that 10% of the seats were empty, and today it was about 20%. There were empty seats spread through out the arena. There have been comments in the last half of the season about how difficult it was to resell tickets for face value without adding in CC donations, and I've personally experienced that.  The box score shows an attendance of 10,125 (which is tickets sold and not butts in seats).

A good bunch of students+the band stayed.  Hope they are back 2nite.

Many season ticket holders have 6+ seats in their families. They generally use two of those seats and try to sell the others to get their donations plus extra seat costs back. They've become tough to sell this year. Let some of those seats go to people on the waiting list and the arena will look more full.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

We're really reaching for things to complain about if people are complaining about Jody's job performance. They must have hated all the destination games and regionals as well, since the REA is the driver for those happening. 

Sounds a bit like we have a fire everyone group

• Upvote 2

I love Hockey. I love Sioux Hockey. But this was a tough team to love. It’s not a typical Sioux team. It’s not very physical. There is not a lot of finesse out there. Nobody really opening up the ice for others. We are missing players like Jost and others.  I was honestly feeling bored watching hockey at times at the Ralph. Never felt that before. Perhaps others felt the way I did at times. I don’t care who you are, a defenseman cannot be your most dangerous player. That is not going to generate fan buzz. We are a blue collar team, not very fun to watch. Still waiting for our supposed bigs to consistently play that way, Gersich, Gardener, Hoff, Janituinan, Mishmash, good players, but we need them to take steps, now, if we have a chance in the weeks to come. They have all had moments.  I like Nick Jones. I like the way he plays. He and Kawagucci look dangerous and are starting to click. Be interesting to see who elevates their game here.

It seems likely this trend will continue.  If they take away another section from the students as Schloss has mentioned as a possibility, that just creates even more supply for the non-student market.  I'm curious to see what the combination of a softer market and an unsuccessful year will do to season ticket renewals/sales. 

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

That would be great. 

Hate to say it but some UND season ticket holders are "greedy" and buy them just to sell them. 

A little less demand in my opinion isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Great point.  Having more new blood in the season ticket holder population that actually attends games on a regular basis would be a positive.