Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
The Sicatoka

Hockey Movies

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

I own all three Mighty Ducka and love them! In college it was pre-Gopher series ritual: Monday D1, Tue: D2, Wed D3, Thursday Miracle...

We did never throw Mystery, Alaska in there though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha this thread has been great...the only bad hockey movie is goon 2. I watched it on Netflix the other night and fell asleep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Goon was hilarious(some great one liners , the sequel not as good but I still liked it. 

image.jpeg.7d25f1b15c61b7e8cbe9e756c5db952a.jpeg

Mystery Alaska is a great hockey movie.

One of my favorite lines in that movie, if not my favorite!!! Lmao.  Another one is “ that sounds really gay with a side of something else” also said by belchy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D2: The Mighty Ducks is fantastic, except that it's told from the wrong perspective.

95058ba9-9b22-4408-bdd4-18d1c4aaadc6.jpg

Wolf "The Dentist" Stansson, comes home to lead his island nation of only a few hundred thousand people to become a powerhouse at the youth level.  How can you not root for a team of kids who have worked their tails off to become this great?  They get a shot at the USA's best team, not only the best team from the State of Hockey, but a bunch of mercenaries from around the country!  

ducks-roster-copy.jpg?quality=85&strip=i

 

We really through the kitchen sink at them, and the islanders put up one heck of a fight in the title bout, but ran out of gas and blew a 4-1 lead to lose in a shootout.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So great hockey movies, eh?

Here's the ones that I have seen....Slapshot, Goon, Miracle, Miracle on Ice (documentary), Youngblood, Mystery Alaska, Mighty Ducks, Pond Hockey, The Last Gladiators (documentary mostly about Chris 'Knuckles' Nilan), Broad Street Bullies (Flyers documentary), Cold War On Ice - 72 Summit Series...What else you got? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So great hockey movies, eh?

Here's the ones that I have seen....Slapshot, Goon, Miracle, Miracle on Ice (documentary), Youngblood, Mystery Alaska, Mighty Ducks, Pond Hockey, The Last Gladiators (documentary mostly about Chris 'Knuckles' Nilan), Broad Street Bullies (Flyers documentary), Cold War On Ice - 72 Summit Series...What else you got? :) 

Slap shot 2, or were you counting that with slap shot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about The Rocket.    The Maurice Richard story, pretty good historical account of what he went through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

One of my favorite lines in that movie, if not my favorite!!! Lmao.  Another one is “ that sounds really gay with a side of something else” also said by belchy 

AxJYCDv.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, streetsahead said:

I'm late to the party here but D2 rocks.  Is it a generational thing?  

Image result for mighty ducks d2 memes

Image result for mighty ducks d2 memes

It's absolutely not. I don't understand how someone DISLIKES this movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So great hockey movies, eh?

Here's the ones that I have seen....Slapshot, Goon, Miracle, Miracle on Ice (documentary), Youngblood, Mystery Alaska, Mighty Ducks, Pond Hockey, The Last Gladiators (documentary mostly about Chris 'Knuckles' Nilan), Broad Street Bullies (Flyers documentary), Cold War On Ice - 72 Summit Series...What else you got? :) 

In my personal order:

- Miracle
- Slap Shot
- The Mighty Ducks
- Goon
- D2
- Mystery, Alaska
- D3
- Goon 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

In my personal order:

- Miracle
- Slap Shot
- The Mighty Ducks
- Goon
- D2
- Mystery, Alaska
- D3
- Goon 2

Good list.  I have fonder memories of D2 than the first movie, but I think that's just because I watched D2 a lot more as a kid.  Haven't seen Goon 2 yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

Good list.  I have fonder memories of D2 than the first movie, but I think that's just because I watched D2 a lot more as a kid.  Haven't seen Goon 2 yet.

I had the same thoughts of Ghostbusters 2 over Ghostbusters for a majority of my life, simply because of watching GB2 more. Watching both later, I realized GB1 is way better haha. 

No need to see Goon 2, honestly. It's very meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

OMG a buddy just reminded me of one....

SUDDEN DEATH! 

Isn’t that the one with Jean-Claude Van Damme and it? Not really a hockey movie even though there’s hockey in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Isn’t that the one with Jean-Claude Van Damme and it? Not really a hockey movie even though there’s hockey in it

Kind of like the Die Hard discussion.... it's set in a hockey arena and the plot runs through a hockey game, so it's got to be a hockey movie, right? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

Slap shot 2, or were you counting that with slap shot?

No, I wasn't counting Slapshot 2...Was that as good as Caddyshack 2?;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

No, I wasn't counting Slapshot 2...Was that as good as Caddyshack 2?;)

I watched Slap Shot 2 over the holidays. Not bad in the world of sequels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youngblood........A good skilled kid who doesn't want to fight but learns how in order to avenge a teammate/ friend.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Siouxfan11 said:

Youngblood........A good skilled kid who doesn't want to fight but learns how in order to avenge a teammate/ friend.

 

That damn Karl Racki should have been playing for the Gofers.  .

275px-Carl_Racki.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

No, I wasn't counting Slapshot 2...Was that as good as Caddyshack 2?;)

Right there with Blues Brothers 2000. :silly:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

No, I wasn't counting Slapshot 2...Was that as good as Caddyshack 2?;)

I’d rather watch Caddyshack 2. At least the Hanson brothers were in the sequel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×