SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Come on everyone, we've seen a large enough sample size this year to know this is a very solid team. Tonight they played terrible, just like they have other nights, but there's also been nights where they've looked great. They just need to work on consistency. Tonight was a little different, because for the first time all year you had them play terrible, combined with the worst goaltending effort of the year. 

They'll win tomorrow, which will still be a split against the 8th place team, which isn't acceptable. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, crb1 said:

We just don’t have the talent. We have lost to many star players. If our best player is a defensemen that doesn’t speak volumes to our offense even if he is offensive minded. There is about a handful or more of players that just have not showed up this year. 

Denver’s best player last year was an offensive minded defenseman who won the Hobey. 

• Upvote 1

I apologize if this has been touched on, I just got home from the game.  A) the amount of too many men that Omaha got away with was ridiculous.  There were times they had 8-9 guys on the ice for at least 3 seconds.  B)  this is gonna be unpopular, but I won't be sad to see Cam Johnson graduate.  Yeah, natty.  I get it.  But he doesn't have that team, especially that D corps in front of him anymore, and you see what we've got with him since the natty.  C)  EVERY team we play is one pass out of their zone, and they're gone.  We can barely break the puck out.  D)  can we F!@#$%& score first????

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Tim seemed to think he wasn’t fully ready tonight and wouldn’t play this weekend if things went well tonight. I guess we should expect him tomorrow night.

Then Schloss needs to stop the "fake news". He reported Bowen was good to go and available this weekend.

UND suddenly playing to avoid THREE STRAIGHT LOSSES tomorrow.  UND is 2-4-1 in their last 7 games.  I don't get how they come out and lay an egg tonight.  Should have been pumped to play this game and get back on track (exhibitions don't count, boys)

It just wasn't meant to be this Friday....

Michelletti.....Walsh.....No Bowen.... Canada wins the World juniors.... Cam not having his best night..... NDSU news about the turf being bad at the soccer stadium.....

At least the only thing on TV tomorrow won't be college bask.....effff.... 

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Point still remains. 

UND has had far less talented teams do just fine. This is an overreaction to a loss to a team we all expected UND would beat. 

The play tonight though and for most of the season has been that of an average team, decent one night and so-so or even poor the next and that's been a very consistent pattern this.  I did not assume for one minute that UND would simply just beat Omaha (to do so would be foolish), not based on the pairwise rankings, our play at home and lack of consistency.  With out low end scoring/finishing this season, we are going to be in trouble most night when we give up at least 3 goals.

2 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

The play tonight though and for most of the season has been that of an average team, decent one night and so-so or even poor the next and that's been a very consistent pattern this.  I did not assume for one minute that UND would simply just beat Omaha (to do so would be foolish), not based on the pairwise rankings, our play at home and lack of consistency.  With out low end scoring/finishing this season, we are going to be in trouble most night when we give up at least 3 goals.

I am not giving up on this team yet. Having said that, tonight's "performance" has given me permission to not get my hopes up about this team.

Someone needs to light a fire under their a$$es. :angry:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Point still remains. 

UND has had far less talented teams do just fine. This is an overreaction to a loss to a team we all expected UND would beat. 

Always overreaction around here after a loss. UNO may be last in the conference but they are 12 in the pairwise. Expect a complete different Sioux team tomorrow night 

• Upvote 1

I've had one overreaction since becoming a fan.  It was following a series in Denver in 2016. I decided there was no way that team could play that bad and get anywhere in the tournament, so in my haste, I made plans to visit a friend of mine in April.  I watched UND win the national championship on my buddies couch instead of in Tampa.  I learned to never overreact again. This team has showed that they can put up terrible games, but have also showed they can skate with the very best in the country. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AJS said:

So we have scoring chances 11-10 UND, which as bad as UND has played seems right. With a score of 4-1, I'm putting this loss 100% on Cam. Start Thome tomorrow. 

When you only score one goal and it's on a penalty shot, the loss is not 100% on the goalie. Cam certainly didn't help matters though.