SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-9, 0-2) @ Montana (9-5, 2-0) 1/4 8 PM

SWSiouxMN

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Exactly. The next AD will have no allegiance to any of the coaches in place right now.

For UND fans I truly hope the new AD makes a move on Jones. If I were a fan of the rest of the Summit I would hope they keep him. I was happy for Hooker that he got to experience the NCAA tournament last year, he is a really good kid that I wish would have picked NDSU, but I am afraid it bought Jones a few more years. As much as I would like to have him keep coaching there as a Bison fan, I hope he doesn't get renewed. He doesn't deserve it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

For UND fans I truly hope the new AD makes a move on Jones. If I were a fan of the rest of the Summit I would hope they keep him. I was happy for Hooker that he got to experience the NCAA tournament last year, he is a really good kid that I wish would have picked NDSU, but I am afraid it bought Jones a few more years. As much as I would like to have him keep coaching there as a Bison fan, I hope he doesn't get renewed. He doesn't deserve it.

Careful or someone will accuse you of "spending other people's money". :silly:

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Again, I agree with everything you just said.  There have been Big Sky coaches who readily have said positive things about Jones over the last few years - solely for the purpose of his being retained.  He is not respected for his coaching around the league but they sure have hoped he wouldn't be replaced.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Again, I agree with everything you just said.  There have been Big Sky coaches who readily have said positive things about Jones over the last few years - solely for the purpose of his being retained.  He is not respected for his coaching around the league but they sure have hoped he wouldn't be replaced.  

Who will Jones blame tonight? The kids for going rogue on defense again like after the Bison game? The assitant coaches? The basketball ops guys for bad travel arrangements? Only one guy is safe, and that is himself. He is never the reason. I hate it when coaches blame the players publically for losing. Any coach, I don't care if they coach for my team or anybody elses team. It tells you a lot about the coach.

• Upvote 2

It was mentioned earlier whether this team can win 10 games this season.  I'm not so sure about that.  I've watched UND basketball since the late 70's.  Been a long time since I've seen something like this.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

Who will Jones blame tonight? The kids for going rogue on defense again like after the Bison game? The assitant coaches? The basketball ops guys for bad travel arrangements? Only one guy is safe, and that is himself. He is never the reason. I hate it when coaches blame the players publically for losing. Any coach, I don't care if they coach for my team or anybody elses team. It tells you a lot about the coach.

It's the old "Sid Hartman Defense": "You win with players and Jones didn't 'suit up', so you can't blame him for anything". :silly:

Well, I am absolutely finished listening to garbage excuses like that.

12 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I hate it when coaches blame the players publically for losing. Any coach, I don't care if they coach for my team or anybody elses team. It tells you a lot about the coach.

Kind of like Richman did last night saying his players went away from the game plan and didn't execute the offense in the second half? 

7 minutes ago, LDL said:

It was mentioned earlier whether this team can win 10 games this season.  I'm not so sure about that.  I've watched UND basketball since the late 70's.  Been a long time since I've seen something like this.  

2014-15 UND got 8 wins after finishing 2nd in conference play. Why can’t he have consecutive great seasons. I guess Jones loves roller coaster seasons. 

Just now, jdub27 said:

Kind of like Richman did last night saying his players went away from the game plan?

He said he needs to do a better job of installing and making sure his players know the game plan. He said it was on him to make sure  that happens.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

He said he needs to do a better job of installing and making sure his players know the game plan. He said it was on him to make sure  that happens.

He said the players didn't excecute the offense in the second half and needed to quite trying to play hero ball.

Jones:  "I love coming here just because of the fans," Jones said. "It's a great venue to play in. The fans are great. They enjoy good basketball and they're very supportive of the Griz. I love this venue. It will be hard not coming back because we always get up for it. It's always a game you want to compete in."

WTF game was he watching?

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Jones:  "I love coming here just because of the fans," Jones said. "It's a great venue to play in. The fans are great. They enjoy good basketball and they're very supportive of the Griz. I love this venue. It will be hard not coming back because we always get up for it. It's always a game you want to compete in."

WTF game was he watching?

Well, to be fair, in a game as well-played as this one was, it's a shame one of the two teams had to lose.  Except, of course, the team that lost by 30.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2018 at 9:57 PM, nd1sufan said:

I see Bichman is losing two more players this offseason.  Yet another junior has decided it's not even worth playing his senior season for the mighty Bison and is hanging it up.  What a mess that program is.  Extend him please.