SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors 2017-2018

Wilbur

On 12/24/2017 at 11:38 PM, hky said:

So UMD has five of the best Under 20 players in the country?  Really?  FIVE?  

Politics, politics, politics. 

When countries like the US and Canada have to bottle neck thousands of elite players into ONE team, they have to turn to big names and politics to make cuts. I'm willing to bet the USA could produce 2 additional teams that would be evenly competitive with this current US team and I bet Canada could create at least 3 more.

The first name that always comes to mind with the politics of picking these teams is Kieffer Bellows. Slow feet, no defense, bad attitude, nasty temper, and penalty hound...BUT his last name is BELLOWS! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Politics, politics, politics. 

When countries like the US and Canada have to bottle neck thousands of elite players into ONE team, they have to turn to big names and politics to make cuts. I'm willing to bet the USA could produce 2 additional teams that would be evenly competitive with this current US team and I bet Canada could create at least 3 more.

The first name that always comes to mind with the politics of picking these teams is Kieffer Bellows. Slow feet, no defense, bad attitude, nasty temper, and penalty hound...BUT his last name is BELLOWS! 

tumblr_ob350trIdP1udh5n8o1_400.gif