SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Huskies - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Definitely in forwards (if all healthy):

Gersich, Jones, Mismash, Adams, Smith, Hoff, Pogo, Simo, Bowen, Rhett.

On the fence:

JJ, Yon, Gooch, Olson

When it comes down to the season on the line games I can't see the coaching staff not using Olson.  He's not my choice, but I'm currently between changing poopy diapers and taking $hit from my 6 year old.....;)

I think Gooch has been improving as the season has gone on. He has good vision and makes some good passes. Maybe I'm alone, but I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of player he grows into.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I don’t even know what line is UND’s top line to be honest... 

Haha good point.  In all seriousness und has a good team.  Scsu is very solid as well however they seem to have more playmakers on that big sheet.  I never thought I’d see the day where scsu would build a better team than und.  That town and facility aren’t the best.  I have no idea why a kid would go to scsu over some other schools.  Motzco must be great.  He’s done well there.

43 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I think Gooch has been improving as the season has gone on. He has good vision and makes some good passes. Maybe I'm alone, but I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of player he grows into.

I agree.   I trust our coaches too.  

12 hours ago, DAR said:

JJ needs to sit IMO.  Agree he was nowhere to be found all weekend.  He really does nothing.

I  was thinking the same thing before the weekend started.  I only got to listen to last half of Friday & Saturday, but Tim said Janueteanunene so often I thought he must be lighting it up...   

5 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Haha good point.  In all seriousness und has a good team.  Scsu is very solid as well however they seem to have more playmakers on that big sheet.  I never thought I’d see the day where scsu would build a better team than und.  That town and facility aren’t the best.  I have no idea why a kid would go to scsu over some other schools.  Motzco must be great.  He’s done well there.

Now take away Eyssimont, Schuldt, Peterson and a few others and what do they have.  When guys stick around, they grow chemistry and get better year after year. I'm not certain that UND won't be very good by the end of the year and into the future, especially when they haven't had the same lineup from night to night.

Let's see ...

• Opening minutes and Pogo is in clean and < clang >.
  • Intentionally put him in the box (too many men) and it works, he's away on a clean break and Gersich goes ... chest-logo. 

I do believe it's time to bring this one back.

"So ... is this a season schedule poster or the side of a milk carton?" 

IMG_0370.jpg 

Time to lead from the front and execute, lads.

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Let's see ...

• Opening minutes and Pogo is in clean and < clang >.
  • Intentionally put him in the box (too many men) and it works, he's away on a clean break and Gersich goes ... chest-logo. 

I do believe it's time to bring this one back.

Time to lead from the front and execute, lads.

Lol.  Pogo has been playing solid, I don't look at him as being an offensive juggernaut so i don't rag on him not scoring a ton of goals.  Cam was outstanding this past weekend.  Dude was like a brick wall Friday night,  St.  Cloud could have easily had 7 or 8 goals if not for some ridiculous saves.  Gersich i can agree with.  He's been lacking as an offensive talent.  We knew coming into this season that scoring would be an issue.  Honestly, in the last 3 weeks we've played the #1 & #2 teams in the nation and clearly belonged in the game without having a true offensive identity. 

23 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Lol.  Pogo has been playing solid, I don't look at him as being an offensive juggernaut so i don't rag on him not scoring a ton of goals.  Cam was outstanding this past weekend.  Dude was like a brick wall Friday night,  St.  Cloud could have easily had 7 or 8 goals if not for some ridiculous saves.  Gersich i can agree with.  He's been lacking as an offensive talent.  We knew coming into this season that scoring would be an issue.  Honestly, in the last 3 weeks we've played the #1 & #2 teams in the nation and clearly belonged in the game without having a true offensive identity. 

All true, but to be fair, you don't win with great defense without everyone being on board, and that includes forwards you might look to for scoring.   I think this team knows it must will with good defense first, and it influences the game plan.  That doesn't include an agreement to shoot the puck into the goalie's logo, of course.   :D

We seem to go though this every season. The staff tends to build from the net out, so we generally have issues scoring in the first half of the season. As the guys improve on and learn the details of the defensive side, they start to open it up a bit in the second half. 

It's a heck of a lot harder to fix a leaky defense and win games in February and March.