SiouxSports.com Forum

Would You Rather

geaux_sioux

Slip or Surpass?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Rather NDSU Slip Back Down To The Pack Or UND Surpass Their Current Level?

• NDSU slips
    • UND surpasses

UND has to surpass; only reasonable option. 

NDSU has built up their program within the FCS to where they just aren't going to lose more than a game or two often.

They definitely aren't going to be going 3-8 with a few injuries anytime soon.  From that perspective, UND Fighting Hawks Football has to improve. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I'm not sure how to vote.  They've won 5 of 6 titles and are in the hunt again.  They have to slip in order for UND to surpass them. 

Not really, UND needs to build their program to beat NDSU or better yet everyone in the FCS. I rather see UND beat NDSU at the top and not when they are having a few bad years. 

30 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I'm not sure how to vote.  They've won 5 of 6 titles and are in the hunt again.  They have to slip in order for UND to surpass them. 

I heard this refrain back in 1990 too. And look what happened after that.

All programs have their ebbs and flows. When NDSU isn't this good (and it will happen, the law of averages says so), I want UND to fill the vacuum. If we don't step up, schools like SDSU and Northern Iowa will. Bubba and company need to roll up their sleeves this off-season and get us on the path to greatness. The sooner we start the process, the better.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anybody gonna vote for slip? Don’t be shy. Nothing wrong with that opinion...

The chasm between the programs is wide than most UND fans would ever admit. UND will need to get markedly better........fast and NDSU will need to take a step back......or two.

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anybody gonna vote for slip? Don’t be shy. Nothing wrong with that opinion...

Sounds like a loaded question?

Did this thread come about from a Bisonville post today that geaux_sioux has responded to, about this topic? Sorry, but to me this questionnaire doesn't make much sense, with a weak question and not enough choices. So I'll abstain with filling in a dot, but leave comment. 

I want and would love for UND to field a great FB team, much more than to just surpass their current level like your question asks?

And at the same time have the Bison loose more games.

The first two FCS Nattys the Bizon won, I cheered for them for the W.  Taught it would be good for the state. But not the last three, and also not now when they play regional teams or in the playoffs, because of the arrogance and obnoxiousness of many in the AG school administration and their alumni/fans, sorry. There are more and more people in the region getting full of the it.

Some concerns:

Do we want to beat the Bizon in 2019 only if they are at the top of their game??? So, we took them down from the top? So with that, if they loose last game of 2018 and loose on Sat, Aug. 31, 2019 Butler (Target Field), we wouldn't want to win next week in the Fargo Dome?  BU!! SH$T, we want to beat them every time.  

Like siouxphan27 posted "Guess I'm one of the few that views a team that has been almost permanently number 1 having to slip in order for someone to be better than them."  .....           ^^  I'm with this.

The SD game was an eye opener for us, and now we kinda of know the rest of the story? We need to get much better and some how build on what we had last year and what's good in this year.

The 2 SD schools are 3-3 playing the Bizon during the season the last 3 years   =  .500     There's no reason we shouldn't be capable of beating them either, even in 2019.    

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Sounds like a loaded question?

Did this thread come about from a Bisonville post today that geaux_sioux has responded to, about this topic? Sorry, but to me this questionnaire doesn't make much sense, with a weak question and not enough choices. So I'll abstain with filling in a dot, but leave comment. 

I want and would love for UND to field a great FB team, much more than to just surpass their current level like your question asks?

And at the same time have the Bison loose more games.

The first two FCS Nattys the Bizon won, I cheered for them for the W.  Taught it would be good for the state. But not the last three, and also not now when they play regional teams or in the playoffs, because of the arrogance and obnoxiousness of many in the AG school administration and their alumni/fans, sorry. There are more and more people in the region getting full of the it.

Some concerns:

Do we want to beat the Bizon in 2019 only if they are at the top of their game??? So, we took them down from the top? So with that, if they loose last game of 2018 and loose on Sat, Aug. 31, 2019 Butler (Target Field), we wouldn't want to win next week in the Fargo Dome?  BU!! SH$T, we want to beat them every time.  

Like siouxphan27 posted "Guess I'm one of the few that views a team that has been almost permanently number 1 having to slip in order for someone to be better than them."  .....           ^^  I'm with this.

The SD game was an eye opener for us, and now we kinda of know the rest of the story? We need to get much better and some how build on what we had last year and what's good in this year.

The 2 SD schools are 3-3 playing the Bizon during the season the last 3 years   =  .500     There's no reason we shouldn't be capable of beating them either, even in 2019.    

The thread title is would you rather for a reason. Apparently you’ve never played it. You only ever get two options and the point is to make you not ride the fence.

• Upvote 1

I think a little of both, but I voted for UND to up their game. I do think injuries played a big part of our dismal season, but we need to have consistent playoff seasons. When we enter the MVFC in 2020 we need to be one of the top dogs fighting for that conference title, and if we take down NDSU in the process of that title its a win-win.

42 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I think a little of both, but I voted for UND to up their game. I do think injuries played a big part of our dismal season, but we need to have consistent playoff seasons. When we enter the MVFC in 2020 we need to be one of the top dogs fighting for that conference title, and if we take down NDSU in the process of that title its a win-win.

This is why I am predicting a big bounce-back next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Unless your a troll on this forum, I would think, we all want UND to field the top notch FB team!  

Simple Question:

How many posters here would like Moo U to loose before there is a game in Frisco this coming January?

hful5.jpg

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Unless your a troll on this forum, I would think, we all want UND to field the top notch FB team!  

Simple Question:

How many posters here would like Moo U to loose before there is a game in Frisco this coming January?

I always want them to lose.

I'm still surprised an SU football fan wasn't a candidate for President in last year's election, because all of them combine the arrogance of Donald Trump with the likeability of Hilary Clinton.