SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

I think the top three teams are standouts and Western Michigan is right there too.  Whoever wins the Penrose will have to earn it the hard way and they could burn themselves out for the playoffs.  It is going to be a fun race.  

We will likely look back on this series in St. Cloud as the defining moment.  This will be a fun way to wrap up the first half of the year. 

• Upvote 1

I'll be in attendance at both SCSU games. Placed a SiouxShop.com order to buff up my game day attire. After the WMU weekend I'm feeling optimistic. The team I saw this weekend has the grit and skill to beat anybody. Having Jones and Cam back is huge. Hopefully others will be back for this series.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

This could be a preview of the Sioux Falls Regional final.  

How much better is their arena since the renovation? Still bottom of the NCHC with Lawson?

It looks nice until you walk inside to your seats and then you’re like “same old, same old!” 

• Like 1

Adams did ok but isn't a natural centerman. Let's assume Bowen can't go but Hoff can........Hoff centers Guchi and Adams. JJ sits and Yon moves up with Pogo and Rhett. Or you leave top line as is and Yon sits. Rieger doesn't sit next weekend IMO.

Definitely excited for this weekend, enough so that I felt like chiming in for the first time in a long time.

UND boasts the most high end talent SCSU will have seen since the Denver series, which bodes well for the Hawks. What SCSU has is a deadly power play that is just starting to find its groove and depth of scoring from all four lines. Personally, I think Jimmy Schuldt is a top Hobey candidate and an outside candidate for the US Olympic team. We'll see if you agree after this weekend. Can't wait!

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

... and get the hell outta Stearns County. 

Strong advice no matter the circumstance; I mean, just look at the county mottos: Cows ... and pets. :0 ;):D 

2660172390_4863edfd6c_b.jpg

It's no wonder why the MSU Mavericks and the UMD Bulldogs don't like to play there.  < YIKES! > 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Kooshnitz said:

10-4. SCSU usually shows one of those down there. Should be a good series. Would be a nice sweep if we could but I don;t remember the last time we swept SCSU down there. Seems like every time we win friday but cant close sat

Last season in a pair of shutouts :D http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=58682&SPID=6405&Q_SEASON=2016

On 12/3/2017 at 8:32 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Adams did ok but isn't a natural centerman. Let's assume Bowen can't go but Hoff can........Hoff centers Guchi and Adams. JJ sits and Yon moves up with Pogo and Rhett. Or you leave top line as is and Yon sits. Rieger doesn't sit next weekend IMO.

I’d rather have Hoff center guchand Adams.  Although they are listed as a 3rd line, they pack a ton of offensive punch.  I don’t really like Bowen with them because he isn’t the best puck distributor/point getter.  Great skater/motor but I don’t think he’ll be that effective with those two.  Could he shift over to the wing with simo and smith?  That would be a dangerous 4th. 

JJ- Rhett- pogo

gersich-Jones- mismash

adams - Hoff - guch

smith - simo - Bowen 

thats a winner right there.  I sure wish Yon could get in somewhere, he’s pretty good.  Going forward I’m not so sure where Olson fits in. Also,JJ sitting?