SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Union - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

21 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm a little nervous about this one. I feel like we are the better team, but I'm going to be very annoyed if we don't come out firing. 

I get that the students won't be there, but we've gotta be ready to go.

UND wins, but it's tight.

3-2

Pogo, Wooly, Mash

I feel the student section has been dead all year pretty much so I don’t know if I’d consider that a big factor. 

*shrugs* 

That said, I really don’t know what to expect. Day after Thanksgiving home games have been awful lately. That said, I’ll be there... with my beer, hoping for a W. 

• Like 1

Black Friday....Red Pepper

Tonight: 2-0 Shutout win today for the Home Team - I get the flatness that could result following Denver but Saturday night was a loss and I don't know if this team loses back to back a whole lot this year.  I'll be there loud and proud.

Tomorrow: 2-2 Tie

Big four games coming up in December vs. the Broncos and Huskies - a good chance to position one's self well in the NCHC heading into the New Year.

55 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I feel the student section has been dead all year pretty much so I don’t know if I’d consider that a big factor. 

*shrugs* 

That said, I really don’t know what to expect. Day after Thanksgiving home games have been awful lately. That said, I’ll be there... with my beer, hoping for a W. 

Yeah, I feel ya. But, when that place is rocking, it's a factor. With that said, UND needs to get rolling and not even make us consider the crowd being a factor. As it always goes, if we play well, the crowd gets into it.

12 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

My instinct tells me that if Cam is ready to go, Thome will play tonight and Cam on Saturday night to give him a game prior to some big NCHC games coming up.

I'd actually flip that. Want to get Cam in and get us the W on the front end of the series. But, I guess we'll see. Thome has been good, but I felt like he played a little rough against DU. 

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'd actually flip that. Want to get Cam in and get us the W on the front end of the series. But, I guess we'll see. Thome has been good, but I felt like he played a little rough against DU. 

Unfortunately he did get exposed a little on his tendency to over-commit leaving wide open nets on the backside. I'm sure it'll improve as he matures but I'd think teams will key in on that.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Unfortunately he did get exposed a little on his tendency to over-commit leaving wide open nets on the backside. I'm sure it'll improve as he matures but I'd think teams will key in on that.

Yup. Was a little bit all over the place sliding side-to-side. Cam did the same thing as a freshie... Brad Eidness did the same thing his whole career haha. Thome will figure it out, but I'd like to see Cam back in net ASAP.

3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

*shrugs* 

As long as the same refs from last week aren’t reffing, they’re probly out spending their raises they got