SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (2-2) vs Northland College (1-2) 11/21 7 pm

SWSiouxMN

4 hours ago, GoHawks said:

3fg %: 3-19 15.8%

This cannot happen anymore. Need to do much better since we are a shorter team. Going to be relying a lot on the 3 ball this year I think.

FT % 16-28 57.1%
would definitely like to see this improve some.

Take Geno's percentage out of the equation and the team is shooting 22% from 3 so far this season. 

22% 

I think Dale will put up solid numbers from 3 eventually, but UND does need someone else to step up and knock down some shots.  Out of Stewart, Seales, Jafar and Trey someone needs to step in and give that. 

Not worry about the FT shooting, that will come around.  

My 4 main concerns with this squad right now and going forward is this:

1) Their starts have been mostly awful this year, that needs to change. 

2) Keeping Jones and Avants healthy in the post

3) Someone needs to knock down some outside shots

4) Bench scoring

Its a work in progress and it probably won't gel until about conference play.  The pieces are there to have a nice team, they just need to come together 

No McCauley or Franken last night, even in garbage time.  Are we any closer to finding out what is up with them?  

32 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think Dale will put up solid numbers from 3 eventually, but UND does need someone else to step up and knock down some shots.  Out of Stewart, Seales, Jafar and Trey someone needs to step in and give that. 

1) Their starts have been mostly awful this year, that needs to change. 

Its a work in progress and it probably won't gel until about conference play.  The pieces are there to have a nice team, they just need to come together 

Jones admitting to having quite a bit of rust he was trying to knock off while trying to learn a new system. If he can get his shot going, he will have a great year. If not, he'll continue to put his effort towards rebounding, he needs to help out down there because of the lack of size on the court. They are aware that they can't have the starts they are having and are really pushing to get that fixed by the time conference play rolls around. Hopefully they can get the pieces in place.