SiouxSports.com Forum

Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

fightingsioux4life

26 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

All scrubs.  

They are not perfect angels down south but they do a good job of keeping things inside the program, that's for sure.

A few members of their media don’t exactly ask the hard hitting questions either.  A bit easier to keep things close to home.  I think the program learned a lesson around the Sam Ojuri incident. 

42 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Based on conversations here there must be some serious culture issues at NDSU as some kids got in trouble.  Prepare for their downfall soon.

Three Bison players dismissed from team for violation of team rules, another suspended one game

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4365448-three-bison-players-dismissed-team-violation-team-rules-another-suspended-one-game

Violation of team rules, no mention of the Fargo Narcotics Task Force.

Here's the thing about a run-first offense - The O coordinator should relish it when a team stacks the box with 8 or 9 to stop the run - that means many other things should be wide open.  He should have a package locked and loaded and ready to make a defense pay for over-playing.  If you won't do that, then you will see 8 or 9 in the box all of the time (sound familiar?).  This is not rocket science, just basic High School football.  I could not be more disgusted with Bubba for not making a change.  On the other hand, I may be too harsh on him for the "team culture" - It sometimes happens even to the best programs - how he handles it this year in the off season should let us know.  So far the sideline dancer have not appeared.  This year may be the exception for team culture.  I hope so.  The offense has been in front of his face for 4 years now.  

10 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

You sound like a Bama fan.  They might not get in the top 4, move on.  Our situation isn't even comparable.  If anything, UND is more like Auburn in that we have to beat the in state giant to get any respect.  

I only WISH we could be comparable to Auburn.  The way things are now, NDSU is THE Ohio State University and we're Ohio.  Or they're Michigan and we're Eastern Michigan.  Or they're Wisconsin and we're UW-River Falls.  Or they're...

6 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Not this time but NDSU has many players who have had legal issues including growing and selling pot.

As opposed to the UND students currently putting a nice black mark on our school?

60 pounds of pot, a weapon, and almost $70,000 in cash...but that's only the SECOND-biggest story on the Heralddotcom  this morning because some Bison scrubs were booted off the team?

57 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I only WISH we could be comparable to Auburn.  The way things are now, NDSU is THE Ohio State University and we're Ohio.  Or they're Michigan and we're Eastern Michigan.  Or they're Wisconsin and we're UW-River Falls.  Or they're...

That's a bit much @MafiaMan

UND is not in a different division/classification or level of Conference (P5 vs others), despite what the NDSU propaganda may suggest. Don't fall for that trap. UND and NDSU will in fact be in the *same* conference soon. 

I like the Auburn vs. Alabama comparisons. NDSU will be getting the "better" recruits for the foreseeable future, so it's up to UND to use all available pipelines (local and distant high school, FBS dropdowns, JuCo players) to get capable players and then use them with innovative schemes to ultimately outscore the opposition. 

Its quite obvious the current UND level of recruit WITH the UND scheme of 2017 is not a winning combination. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That's a bit much @MafiaMan

UND is not in a different division/classification or level of Conference (P5 vs others), despite what the NDSU propaganda may suggest. Don't fall for that trap. UND and NDSU will in fact be in the *same* conference soon. 

I like the Auburn vs. Alabama comparisons. NDSU will be getting the "better" recruits for the foreseeable future, so it's up to UND to use all available pipelines (local and distant high school, FBS dropdowns, JuCo players) to get capable players and then use them with innovative schemes to ultimately outscore the opposition. 

Its quite obvious the current UND level of recruit WITH the UND scheme of 2017 is not a winning combination. 

Get the culture right and stay away from the injuries and it will be a very complete etitive game with NDSU in 2019.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Get the culture right and stay away from the injuries and it will be a very complete etitive game with NDSU in 2019.

I hope so. 

2015 and most recently 2017 suggests otherwise. 

UND needs better players and schematics. Players win the games, but coaches can lose them. Not just culture and good luck (injuries) in my opinion, although those things are needed too. 

Example: if you take all the average (non top contributors) players off of the undefeated 2017 high school teams of North Dakota (good culture/winning tradition) and form a college team with them (and none get injured), they still won't win more than a game or two vs Big Sky competition.

Example could be better, but my point is you simply need "good" players before everything else can "sprinkled on". 

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I hope so. 

2015 and most recently 2017 suggests otherwise. 

UND needs better players and schematics. Players win the games, but coaches can lose them. Not just culture and good luck (injuries) in my opinion, although those things are needed too. 

Example: if you take all the average (non top contributors) players off of the undefeated 2017 high school teams of North Dakota (good culture/winning tradition) and form a college team with them (and none get injured), they still won't win more than a game or two vs Big Sky competition.

Example could be better, but my point is you simply need "good" players before everything else can "sprinkled on". 

I agree, but if the players we have are 100% bought in to UND football I think that will lend itself to major improvement.  Coaching and confidence is underrated in football.  Take a team like Wisconsin in the B1G, no blue bloods there but it looks like the sum is equal to far more than the parts.  This season at UND the sum was far less than the parts.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

As opposed to the UND students currently putting a nice black mark on our school?

60 pounds of pot, a weapon, and almost $70,000 in cash...but that's only the SECOND-biggest story on the Heralddotcom  this morning because some Bison scrubs were booted off the team?

In the past Miller (or someone) said that the ranking of stories on the Herald website was due to release or update time.  The newest on top.

That was in response to someone complaining that the NDSU sports storees were always on top of the UND stories.   He said they were trying to fix it but I don't know if that has changed.

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

More like Arizona - Arizona State. North Dakota has two teams in the same division, one has had the upper hand recently, but the challenger will get their day. It will return to normal eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

In the past Miller (or someone) said that the ranking of stories on the Herald website was due to release or update time.  The newest on top.

That was in response to someone complaining that the NDSU sports storees were always on top of the UND stories.   He said they were trying to fix it but I don't know if that has changed.

I complained directly to Tom. On that particular day it was gameday for UND so I went to the herald website when I woke up that Saturday to see what articles were posted on the UND game or opponent. All I saw that day was NDSU crap. He explained it was the website aggregating content and they had little to no local control but they were working on it. 

7 minutes ago, zonadub said:

More like Arizona - Arizona State. North Dakota has two teams in the same division, one has had the upper hand recently, but the challenger will get their day. It will return to normal eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later)

Agreed.

But even if it takes longer than we would like, it will be worth putting those arrogant, FBS Wanna-Be's in their place. #paybacksaretough

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

I complained directly to Tom. On that particular day it was gameday for UND so I went to the herald website when I woke up that Saturday to see what articles were posted on the UND game or opponent. All I saw that day was NDSU crap. He explained it was the website aggregating content and they had little to no local control but they were working on it. 

So we are supposed to believe that this happens entirely at random? #notbuyingit

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

I'd almost buy that argument had Arizona State spent the last decade or so in the WAC instead of the Pac 12...

Funny we should be discussing the Sun Devils though as they fired their coach just the other day...

8 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'd almost buy that argument had Arizona State spent the last decade or so in the WAC instead of the Pac 12...

Funny we should be discussing the Sun Devils though as they fired their coach just the other day...

Their fans are very upset about Graham getting fired.

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

After a 7 - 5 season and beating Arizona!

8 minutes ago, zonadub said:

After a 7 - 5 season and beating Arizona!

Apparently ASU has higher expectations than 2 games over .500...but I agree with your positivity - had UND gone 7-5 this year and beaten NDSU, there would be a ticker-tape parade for the team and Bubba right down University Avenue.  Expectations...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Apparently ASU has higher expectations than 2 games over .500...but I agree with your positivity - had UND gone 7-5 this year and beaten NDSU, there would be a ticker-tape parade for the team and Bubba right down University Avenue.  Expectations...

You know, you're actually on to something here ... 

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

They only possible that UND could 7-5 would be to make the playoffs at 7-4 and then lose in the first round of the playoffs. I don't think he's getting a ticker-tape parade for that. However we'd be arguing about another loss in the first game played in the playoffs and whether Bubba could win a meaningful game, which I guess would be an improvement over where we currently are....

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So we are supposed to believe that this happens entirely at random? #notbuyingit

You're not buying that the most recent news stories are the ones that show up on the top and when UND posts its game day stories early in the day they get bumped down when new stories get published?

OK..... :tinfoilhat: